Tork Craft Bicycle repair stand

Justriding

Hi Hubbers,

I have recently bought the Tork Craft Bicycle repair stand to do minor work on my MTB. I have a carbon frame which is pretty thick and I cannot get the frame clamp from the stand to hold the bike firmly and it keeps working its way loose and almost falling out the stand. The clamp has red "boots" that hold the frame but they are at the wrong angle( the 90* clamp angle sits on the flat top tube part of the frame and not on a corner where it would hold firmly). I also obviously don't want to over tighten the clamp and damage the frame.

I know I probably should have spent 3/4 times more and bought a Park Tool stand, however if someone has a clever suggestion to make this work I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Can't you clamp the seatpost ?

I've got the same work stand, and that's exactly what I do, like any work stand isn't it, unless yours is faulty.

I rotate mine to clamp either the top tube or the seatpost depending on what am doing, whichever way makes working on the bike easier.

Take a piece of HD foam and put it in between the frame and clamps - should hold it snug enough for you to work on. If that does not work clamp the seat tube..

Post a pic of how you clamp it. I have the same stand which works fine on Anthem and Trance bikes on the top tube. Unfortunately I find the clamp isn't powerful enough to hold the bike using the seatpost; it slowly subsides forwards from the weight, unless I take off the wheels... which isn't always desirable.

So, for the money I think the Tork is great but I agree, the extra for the Park Tools one is probably the way to go.

Thanks for all the advice. I will definitely give the seatpost a try, I was just nervous that the carbon seatpost might break or break the frame?

Thanks for all the advice. I will definitely give the seatpost a try, I was just nervous that the carbon seatpost might break or break the frame?

Clamp it as low as possible on the seat post and you should be fine :thumbup:

You probably run a greater risk of breaking the frame by clamping the frame rather than the seatpost.

If you are still concerned, remove wheels once in the stand ... although not necessary, this will remove the weight and associated stress from the bike.

I don't clamp Carbon frames even with my Parktool stand! Only on the seatpost, they are far more durable than a frame.

I don't clamp Carbon frames even with my Parktool stand! Only on the seatpost, they are far more durable than a frame.

And I always tilt the bike in such a way that the front wheel stays on the ground (unless I need to work on the front wheel ) . 99% of work normally are around the rear of the bike . :wacko: