The Cradle Mountain Trophy 2014

Reden

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm riding it again this year, really enjoyed it last year.

Stage 1 will commence on Saturday morning with the race briefing at 06h30 and the start at 07h00. This is a tough 75km route made up with a good mix of dirt road, jeep track and single track, with some technical ascents and. Please note that this is a tough stage, and we do advise you to be fit.

After the stage, you will have the chance to freshen up, and enjoy the afternoon with friends and a few cold ones.

Love the "we do advise you to be fit" in the route description :D

Now I'm also looking for a route profile :lol:

As long as day 1 has less than 1500m of climbing I should survive...just.

Doing it this year... Last year was a stuff up as Day 1 was rained out... we did Day 1 (well about 65km of it) on the Sunday

Was a great tough test - looking forward to this one. Hope its dry this year!

Doing it this year... Last year was a stuff up as Day 1 was rained out... we did Day 1 (well about 65km of it) on the Sunday

Was a great tough test - looking forward to this one. Hope its dry this year!

I might be wrong but I think a couple years ago this race was called the "Honda Challenge". I cant remember it ever being a dry race...

I might be wrong but I think a couple years ago this race was called the "Honda Challenge". I cant remember it ever being a dry race...

I missed day one but rode day 2. Yup, it used to be the Honda Challenge. Certain sections are very rocky, need to ride them with your brain and not your b*lls. Some bad accidents two years ago.

I missed day one but rode day 2. Yup, it used to be the Honda Challenge. Certain sections are very rocky, need to ride them with your brain and not your b*lls. Some bad accidents two years ago.

Yip remember some HUUUGE rocks.... Worst part is the last 10km or so through heavy long grassy sections.... leg killer

So, does anyone have some more info on the route / profile?

PLEASE?

Did you come right with finding a route profile - also interested?