The Cradle Mountain Trophy 2014

Reden

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a seeding of 100 in batch E.

SAS is 44.xx and they gave me 57 for batch D.

Edited by Reden

They seeded me in C but it doesn't really matter, I'm going to ride with my mates in E batch anyway.

Seeding

We have had a number of queries about seeding. We have made use of the SA Seeding Index, and it appears as if some of the data we received may have been corrupted, resulting in some riders being placed in incorrect seeding groups. But not to worry. We will be doing a manual seeding on Saturday, and this will be based on predicted times. Please pay attention to the announcer on Saturday for the procedure to follow. We will ensure that you are seeded correctly on the day.

Edited by d@vid

My five cents worth on approaching this race, having done a few.

If you are not doing regular training rides of over 1000m climbing, ride it like you cycling to the cafe to buy some smokes.

Otherwise that last 20kms is a complete afkak!

I'm gonna start at the back with the grandma's then :ph34r:

I will see you there...no pushing to get to the BACK, OK?

Thanks for this. Are you a history lover or is just from a book? Cheers.

No it's my own rambling from a rather fertile imagination. But I must declare that I had a big role to play in the development of Maropeng and I have a soft spot for the place and the story of humanity.

No it's my own rambling from a rather fertile imagination. But I must declare that I had a big role to play in the development of Maropeng and I have a soft spot for the place and the story of humanity.

Sometimes if you look real hard in Magalies, especially at local watering holes at month end, there are still signs of early man here.......

Saw a seeding of 100 in batch E.

SAS is 44.xx and they gave me 57 for batch D.

you are lucky!! i got a sas index of 32 and im in E

WTF??!! I don't have a seeding and I am also in E...

You okes in the front must please take it easy so us palookas in the rear don't choke on the dust...

E-mail from organizers confirmed that reseeding would take place at the start on Saturday.

Same here I am a 31 and in E, my riding partner is a 32 but he is in B.. Is this really so hard to get right? Blaming it on corrupt data come on...

Same here I am a 31 and in E, my riding partner is a 32 but he is in B.. Is this really so hard to get right? Blaming it on corrupt data come on...

Seeding index 19 and in D.

The irritating part is that this race is a qualifier for world champs - one would think that they would realise that they had a responsibility to get seeding right.

The reply I got from the race organiser is that "they weren't too worried about it because the rolling start meant that the last rider only crossed the start 3 minutes later, so not much time would be lost".

Clearly he has never raced and does not quite understand how much a field spreads out (with a 1000 riders!) and that if you start near the back you will never again see the front of the race no matter how fast you are. My reply to him was that it wasn't just 3 minutes lost time.... it was much more than this AND energy spent trying overtake. (Never mind messing up everyone's day - as everyone has different goals etc).