Looking for a men's road bike

Sabrina Kennedy

Hi everyone. I am looking for a bike for my boyfriend. He is about 6ft so he needs a 56 or 58cm (large). I am looking for a second hand road bike, reasonably new (not before 2011) and my price range is about R7000. Any suggestions? I am open to buying new or used but dont know what I can find new for that price?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!

Sabrina, you are about to get a thousand serious marriage proposals from Hubbers. ;) Any girl wanting to buy her boyfriend a bike will be an instant celebrity on the Hub :thumbup:

Agreed on that most definitely, she will need a baseball bat to beat them off haha

I am looking for a bike for my boyfriend.

You win! World needs more GFs like you!

Best place to look is on the Hub classifieds. Post the links here of the ones that seem good and the peeps will give you some feedback.

Check out Solomons in woodmead. Have good deals on axis ar40, your price range with full tiagra, shimano Wheelset. Best deal around at the moment

Hi everyone. I am looking for a bike for my boyfriend. He is about 6ft so he needs a 56 or 58cm (large). I am looking for a second hand road bike, reasonably new (not before 2011) and my price range is about R7000. Any suggestions? I am open to buying new or used but dont know what I can find new for that price?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!

Sabrina good on you, you sound like a bright individual but are you sure a bicycle is what you want to get him? keep in mind once the bicycle arrives you will demoted in the priorities list, no more late mornings spent in bed, no more late nights, he'l have no time to mow the lawn or take you shopping or any money left to take you shopping, hel start shaving his legs........I can go on and on but il stop here the other members will further enlighten you as to what will probably happen. goodbye

Make sure you buy him a heavy frame and slow wheels. This will make him work hard at trying to beat you on the road. After a couple of days he will certainly have a lot more respect for you. Happy cycling!

• 5 weeks later...

Good luck with the search Sabrina. The Axis AR40 is a good place to start.

Btw my girlfriend thinks you're crazy, for the reasons posted by all the comedians above :-)