Mentality of Some Cyclists

Loupie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what grates me! MTBS on tar! Now thats idiotic! Lets spend 100k on a mtb and ride on the road! Thats why I ride road bikes! Mtb guys drag!!!!

I ride that stretch of road once in a while. While I cannot see why cyclist cannot ride two abreast inside the yellow line (if its 2 meters wide like that), I think while there's no road markings they are taking a huge risk. I rode that road like 2 weeks ago going in the opposite direction and I was so scarred of being hit from behind because ot the fact that there was no road markings and also due to motorist passing quite close to me even though I was riding as far left on the tarred surface as possible. The speed the cars travel on that section of road is insane :eek:

And can you believe how happy those Thai cyclists look?

Probably no Hubbers out there looking for a 'near miss' opportunity to report to the 'Hubberhood', so they get to concentrate on enjoying the ride.

I just can't imagine myself stopping random strangers, to give them a road safety lesson, when they're probably more concerned about their own well being then I am.

2 guys riding next to each other in the yellow lane(even though the line isn't there) with more than a meter to spare next to the traffic - I don't see the problem?

However, recently when i've been riding out on the R304 I have been keeping it single file as people don't seem to be able to drive straight without painted lines.

Also, do you think the cyclist isn't aware of the whole single file thing? I don't think he needed you to make him aware of it, which is why he gave a sarcastic answer.

Thats what grates me! MTBS on tar! Now thats idiotic! Lets spend 100k on a mtb and ride on the road! Thats why I ride road bikes! Mtb guys drag!!!!

Maybe they're on the way to a farm or trail? I don't think you need to worry about them making full use of their money spent...

I don't see anything wrong , Looks like They are having fun , cant wait to get on the bike tomorrow morning :thumbup:

Talk about some commuters. Two weeks ago I saw two guys cycling on the wrong side of the road, in between the fast lane and the centre Island of a dual carriage way.

"Wtf....!!"

post-12015-0-18102700-1396639459_thumb.jpg