Let's see them GT's

BrandonF_

I took ownership of my first GT 831km's ago, and man have I found the glove that fits me hand!

Its the GT 9r Carbon Pro, which I fitted with 2014 American Classic Wide Lightning and some other carbon goodies

The ride I can describe as comfortable on marathon type days but yet super snappy through single track due to an aggressive head angle, it climbs, stand up and seated like no bike I've ever had before (11 in the last 3 years)

This thing really feels like it Gives you Wings!

GT is one of the pioneers in what we enjoy as Mountain Bikers today, so lets give them some credit!

Share your pride and joy...

post-17321-0-51968700-1396796523_thumb.jpgpost-17321-0-59223400-1396796568_thumb.jpgpost-17321-0-80539800-1396796625_thumb.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I "rescued" a set of "GT" pedals from a jumble sale. They still look "like" new, although a bit dusty.They are what I would call FLAT pedals with , say , about 8 pegs on each side of the pedal for grip. Anyone interested can collect them from my house in Roodepoort or work at Turffontein, provided they can provide me of proof of a donation ( R50 of more ) to Friends of Rescued Animal ( FORA )

I "rescued" a set of "GT" pedals from a jumble sale. They still look "like" new, although a bit dusty.They are what I would call FLAT pedals with , say , about 8 pegs on each side of the pedal for grip. Anyone interested can collect them from my house in Roodepoort or work at Turffontein, provided they can provide me of proof of a donation ( R50 of more ) to Friends of Rescued Animal ( FORA )

Interested in them, only issue is I'm in Cape Town.

Can you PM me a pic?

2009 GT Avalanche 1. Have replaced old Suntour 32Mag shock with 120mm Epicon, wheels (old ones literally wore out!), seatpost, set of jockey wheels and thats about it other than normal drive train stuff. She has done around 18,000km and these days Old Donkey is just used for occasional rides when the Trance is in for repairs (like now!). A solid bike (literally at 15kg+) and I wont get get rid of it as unlike my fancy Trance and Ghost in the past, its never let me down!

post-12678-0-56818600-1396857081_thumb.jpg

2009 GT Avalanche 1. Have replaced old Suntour 32Mag shock with 120mm Epicon, wheels (old ones literally wore out!), seatpost, set of jockey wheels and thats about it other than normal drive train stuff. She has done around 18,000km and these days Old Donkey is just used for occasional rides when the Trance is in for repairs (like now!). A solid bike (literally at 15kg+) and I wont get get rid of it as unlike my fancy Trance and Ghost in the past, its never let me down!

post-12678-0-56818600-1396857081_thumb.jpg

Nice one Mojoman! Geeez 18000kms!!! wow