Let's see them GT's

BrandonF_

Have any GT owners fitted a Carbon/Titanium Seatpost? Did you feel any difference?

I am just tired of the standard Seatpost which came with mine.. rather ugly. i think its the stock standard GT seat post.

post-41779-0-51043800-1409314805_thumb.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have any GT owners fitted a Carbon/Titanium Seatpost? Did you feel any difference?

I am just tired of the standard Seatpost which came with mine.. rather ugly. i think its the stock standard GT seat post.

I cant say that i "feel" the difference...but the GT Zaskar is a fairly stiff frame...i wanted to have a bit of "flex" somewhere...hence the carbon bar and seatpost..otherwise i would've just gone ally.

post-49975-0-34331200-1409314946_thumb.jpg

I cant say that i "feel" the difference...but the GT Zaskar is a fairly stiff frame...i wanted to have a bit of "flex" somewhere...hence the carbon bar and seatpost..otherwise i would've just gone ally.

Ya agreed. I also changed my saddle since my photo to a Specialized Henge, so that some 'feel' can return to my butt.

Ya agreed. I also changed my saddle since my photo to a Specialized Henge, so that some 'feel' can return to my butt.

Ja....i have a couch on mine too! lol

Mine has taken me to the top of George Peak, me and two buddies were the first people ever, and only 10 hours!

Coming down has the most insane thing i have ever done, imagine a 2 and a half hour downhill ride, I could not bend or twist my wrists for 2 days and I will never ever do it again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey! Nice ???? Is this your first GT?

I am not familiar with the Timberline series? Is it alloy?

May you have much fun. Generally GT's are pretty agile.

Does anyone else have a 6069 alloy framed GT? I'm a little concerned, all the pictures of Zaskar Pro Le frames are inscribed with 6061, and I bought mine second hand.

Just checking mine's real...

Does anyone else have a 6069 alloy framed GT? I'm a little concerned, all the pictures of Zaskar Pro Le frames are inscribed with 6061, and I bought mine second hand.

Just checking mine's real...

Which year model do you have? 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived