Mzansi Tour

Cellar

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your thinking, but it'll be a massive ask none the less... Meintjies is something special though - world class imho.

Yeah, I guess it's a big ask, but I reckon they will surprise. And agreed, Meintjies will be getting offers from pro tour teams soon.

Yeah, I guess it's a big ask, but I reckon they will surprise. And agreed, Meintjies will be getting offers from pro tour teams soon.

Hopefully he won't need to listen to them :thumbup:

Been thinking about it too

Have been wondering how his loyalty is to MTNQ

The challenge for the team is to retain the talent that is coming through as it blossoms.

Been thinking about it too

Have been wondering how his loyalty is to MTNQ

The challenge for the team is to retain the talent that is coming through as it blossoms.

Well with MTN in a grand tour now, and if they impress and add some entertainment, they might get more invitations and therefore he would not have to leave MTN, yet.

Well with MTN in a grand tour now, and if they impress and add some entertainment, they might get more invitations and therefore he would not have to leave MTN, yet.

Exposure is one thing.

Money / contract is another.

Should he get offered double the moola from, say Giant Shimano, it will be tempting.

Todays profile... long, but should be one for the sprinters!

post-3544-0-20627700-1397197693_thumb.png

Is Greg Minnaar racing too? that last half looks like a DH course :thumbup:

Today's profile:

http://www.mzansitour.co.za/portals/0/MapsProfiles/St2-profile-info.jpg

Edit: I've ridden this stage before, although we started in Bethlehem not Clarens. I feel for the non-climbers today.

Did you ride it for fun or as a Pro?

I can't believe a Pro Tour team hasn't snatched him up yet. If I remember correctly, he signed a new contract with MTN Quebeka at the end of 2013. Not sure how long its for though?

Does anyone know about what time they will finish in Vanderbijlpark today?

At 40km/h, they will pull in at 14:00.

Try get there by 13:30 to be safe though.

Bonitas, Airgas & MTN Quebeka all working hard on the front to close down potential breakaways... I can't see this stage going any way other than a mass sprint finish.

Nice pics. You on tour?

I wish... nicked them off their page. Just got pics of stage one. Looks like I will be going to follow next year though, was supposed to this year, but just a few too many fires to put out at the moment.