[Event] Gravel Travel - NEW Venue & Route.

The Search

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we just come enter the morning of the race?

So consensus is:

65km will be very tough.

35km will be tough

15km will be manageable.

I'm not in the mood for a sufferfest so will go for 35km and give it horns.

I will be doing the 35Km too, it will test you do, not underestimate it, just for a shorter distance. So excited :w00t:

Edited by VolkAdik

99% chance of rain in Wellington on Friday. 30mm forecast according to Accuweather. Less on Saturday, but the trails are going to be soaking folks.

Looking forward to it!!!

I would have liked to do this event, but my lift is going to Tru Cape :(

you could always hitch a lift with me but I might get stuck drinking on a friend's farm in wellington afterwards and then you'd have to cycle back to CT ;)

Rode it a month ago, singletrack is badly rutted, some sections were simply not at all nice to ride. with the wet, its going to be nasty!

How do the start batches work?

Go wearing tekkies. Preferably the kind you run or go to gym with. Then push your way all the way to the front. Then when the race starts make sure you are pushing your bicycle by at least the 2nd corner and keep everyone else waiting.

But seriously, I hope they have some seeding system, otherwise on that particular route it will become very dangerous.

With the rain predicted over the next day or two, how well does this area drain / handle water? Will it turn into a mudfest?

With the rain predicted over the next day or two, how well does this area drain / handle water? Will it turn into a mudfest?

Its going to be wet, very very wet. I am taking my cheapest bike and oldest cycling kit.