Please give me some tips on buying an indoor trainer.

Dinkymoo

Hey Experts,

If you have any tips on buying an indoor trainer, please feel free to share them with me.

Regards,

Danielle

Hey Experts,

If you have any tips on buying an indoor trainer, please feel free to share them with me.

Regards,

Danielle

if you buy a tacx,,,,,,,,you better have loooooong patience to set it up, and have the right machine to drive it and its better if you have ADSL line or good 3G signal at home,,there are currently a few threads on trainers check

if you buy a tacx,,,,,,,,you better have loooooong patience to set it up, and have the right machine to drive it and its better if you have ADSL line or good 3G signal at home,,there are currently a few threads on trainers check

I have a TacX that works... want to swap? ok - mine has no electronics.... :) but it does work....

I have a TacX that works... want to swap? ok - mine has no electronics.... :) but it does work....

i was playing with software fixes last nite till 11;00 ill see when i get home did i FIX it or did i dream i fixed it,,,,,,,,loooooong weekend trying to get it sorted

Buy one that you are going to use.

I absolutely hate it, and would rather venture out in the dark and the cold for a ride than sit on the trainer.

Disclaimer:

The fact that I replied to this thread does in no way make me an expert.

Edited by RocknRolla

get one that has a tension cable that you can adjust....

and get a second hand one... they have no secnd hand value, can get them for like R500.00

i was playing with software fixes last nite till 11;00 ill see when i get home did i FIX it or did i dream i fixed it,,,,,,,,loooooong weekend trying to get it sorted

I will let my offer stand..... :) it's a good swap ..... you get a working one and I get a problem to fix.... what more can you ask for?

CycleOps Jetfluid Pro

Easy as pie to set up. Very very happy with it.

Did all my weekday training on it for Ironman.

Yup its boring, but its damn effective.

I will let my offer stand..... :) it's a good swap ..... you get a working one and I get a problem to fix.... what more can you ask for?

i will rather give my answer tomorrow :whistling:

As has been mentioned, get a used indoor trainer from the classifieds, see if you can stomach sitting on a trainer riding to no where first before you start to look into spending big bucks.

Consider training videos like sufferfest or some interval training plans to have as a program and to help with the boredom.

Once you know better what you want, then you may want to consider virtual trainers as per tacx mentioned or similar, which can connect to internet and do a lot more than a basic trainer

So - fixed?

As has been mentioned, get a used indoor trainer from the classifieds, see if you can stomach sitting on a trainer riding to no where first before you start to look into spending big bucks.

Consider training videos like sufferfest or some interval training plans to have as a program and to help with the boredom.

Once you know better what you want, then you may want to consider virtual trainers as per tacx mentioned or similar, which can connect to internet and do a lot more than a basic trainer

Hi-Jack....Where can I get the Sufferfest videos