New to road cycling

Flash055

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

I think the frame is too big at 56cm. It would rather be classified as a large frame, too bigfor someone at 1.69m. Rather look at something at 54cm (possibly 55).

I am 1.77m and am comfortable on my 55cm frame

I think the frame is too big at 56cm. It would rather be classified as a large frame, too bigfor someone at 1.69m. Rather look at something at 54cm (possibly 55).

I am 1.77m and am comfortable on my 55cm frame

In hindsight, I agree. Made the suggestion before I saw the OP's height. Wish I was still in the market for a bike. Oh wait.....I might be!

So Frame size, how important is it. I know you have to get the frame according to your height, but what about in between. Do you go for the bigger size or the smaller?

Frame size is very important and to answer your second question, a bit smaller is better than a bit too big.

I am about 1.69 and inside leg about 84cm

Those two lengths don't correlate too well. Check again and do precise measurements. The site Cippo noted will explain exactly how to measure.

So guys, do I REALLY need a 10 speed or am I fine with nine or even eight for my first bike???

Nothing wrong with 9, but the budget you mention should comfortably cover a good 10spd bike, possibly even a carbon one.

Like somebody else mentioned, your height and inseam don't correlate ... that's not too say that it can't be so, just be very precise with you body measurements.

Your inseam suggests a medium frame but you could also find that a small fits too depending on the geometry of the bike.

Most people can fit on 2 or more fifferent sized bikes with adjustments to the stem length, but best is to get something as close to a proper fit as possible.

Good luck and happy cycling.