The mast and a CX bike.

T-Bob

Yeah, I reckon he still holds the Strava KOM

Yes, and NO, but more like maybe.

Dave morrison holds the Strava KOM.

done at i think the 2011 mast challenge

http://davemorisonbiking.blogspot.com/2011/04/tokai-mast-challenge.html - the strava segment on the same day must be on a shorter section, as his race time of 40:26 is reflected on strava as 37:25

Darren Lill's famous mast ride was quite a while ago. he wasn't the mtber he is now, and rocked up with his cyclocross bike and made the mtbers cry as it is really just a VO2 max challenge.

this was very definitely pre strava days, and they list his course record as R10 000 for the Runner or Rider who can crack 35 minutes - current record stands at 39 minutes (by Darren Lille).

He might have done it since then as he now spends all his time on knobbly bikes.

However

I used to have more fun on the singletrack on my CX bike, never bothered riding the tar at the top.......cross bikes aren't made for the tar.

]

Just wondering, if many people had headed to tokai mast cyclocross bikes over the years?

Thought is would be quite a blast if I can get my hands on one.

You mean one of these. Sorry couldn't resist. Just brought my new baby home :-)

post-2565-0-95209000-1397221003_thumb.jpg

Yes, and NO, but more like maybe.

Dave morrison holds the Strava KOM.

done at i think the 2011 mast challenge

http://davemorisonbiking.blogspot.com/2011/04/tokai-mast-challenge.html - the strava segment on the same day must be on a shorter section, as his race time of 40:26 is reflected on strava as 37:25

Darren Lill's famous mast ride was quite a while ago. he wasn't the mtber he is now, and rocked up with his cyclocross bike and made the mtbers cry as it is really just a VO2 max challenge.

this was very definitely pre strava days, and they list his course record as R10 000 for the Runner or Rider who can crack 35 minutes - current record stands at 39 minutes (by Darren Lille).

He might have done it since then as he now spends all his time on knobbly bikes.

However

Holds the record

But not the KOM

Interesting bit of history there, thanx Cellar

Meh. Same thing really... LOL. Watch the crossies come and murder me...

That nationwide gang of 3... ;) #nichesport

Nice, what's the build?

If I think of how I struggle to get up there with a mtb and a really small granny gear, I get the heebie jeebies just thinking of grinding up there on my road bike, even with compact cranks. The rough rocky bit is the least of my worries, because at least there I'll have an excuse to walk. :blush:

]

post-2565-0-95209000-1397221003_thumb.jpg

You sir, have just ruined my day (kidding). That bike looks amazing!!! Congratulations

Now I feel the need to build ANOTHER cyclocross bike for the sake of having discs.

Nice, what's the build?

It's a Chinese frame from deng fu, carbon black spade 29er wheels I got second hand on the hub, a Shimano CX 70 crank, 105 shifters with an XT long cage rear derailleur and an Ultegra front. crank Pedals as that's what I have on my MTB, plus some other bits I got form Bike 24. I got some Conti CX 35 mm tires running tubeless.

The brakes are cable discs with Shimano ICE rotors. I don't need the ICE rotors but I may go to the new 105 hydraulic/ mech group in the future

First ride this morning, and I was very happy. Copes well with the gravel. I need to take it for a more off road ride next.

It's a Chinese frame from deng fu, carbon black spade 29er wheels I got second hand on the hub, a Shimano CX 70 crank, 105 shifters with an XT long cage rear derailleur and an Ultegra front. crank Pedals as that's what I have on my MTB, plus some other bits I got form Bike 24. I got some Conti CX 35 mm tires running tubeless.

The brakes are cable discs with Shimano ICE rotors. I don't need the ICE rotors but I may go to the new 105 hydraulic/ mech group in the future

First ride this morning, and I was very happy. Copes well with the gravel. I need to take it for a more off road ride next.

Nice mix up. I'm looking at doing the same pretty much so might just PM you for some info.