Fork for Pyga oneten29??

LouisS

Got hold of a used used frame and building will commence as soon as budget allows! Some advise on the fork please? Pyga recommend a 120-130mm travel. Did some reading and the rockshox revelation (140mm which is adjusted to 120mm seems the most popular). The revelation sells for 8K, whils the rockshox reba (120mm travel) sells for ~ 6.5k. If my riding style is more cross country than trail riding, would the reba be ok? (Keep in mind that i still hammer the techinal downhills when they present themselves). Don't want to sacrifice the frame's "personality" by fitting the wrong fork, but also don't want to spend xtra if not really neccessary. Any help or suggestions from the pyga riders out there would be greatly appreciated?

Howdy

Got a revelation on mine. Have done a few rides on it incliding Tankwa, Epic, etc. Very happy with the travel, and wouldn't go for less.

Might be worth your while getting hold of a demo bike and giving it a spin.

Tom

X-fusion Trace. It's stiff, light and built to last. Mine is set to 140 but they come standard at 120. And price is same as Revelation. Do it!

Defnitly the X fusion trace. Brillant feel to the forks getting the velvet for myself soon.

Jaco from the bike shed has a demo fork

X-fusion Trace. It's stiff, light and built to last. Mine is set to 140 but they come standard at 120. And price is same as Revelation. Do it!

Give Jaco a shout he will be able to give you more details. The are based at the contermanskloof farm.

Hello

I am in the same situation.

So from the above it seems most people prefer 140mm? Is this due to a more trail bias or does it just work better? I would say my riding style is the same as LouisS

In the op there was a question on Reba vs Revelation, both set to 120mm.

I have been told that the suntour Axon is also a good option (also 120mm) And cheaper -R5500? Any opinions - some good reviews but there seems to be some negative sentiment towards suntour in general.

So What would you do if wanting to stick to the recommended 120mm

Revelation/Xfusion most expensive - probably worth it?

Reba - cheaper but Rock Shox quality and bit cheaper ?

OR Suntour Axon - cheapest - how does it compare - a reliability risk ?

Or should i just go for 140mm - I can't imagine using the extra travel, perhaps I'm wrong?

What is the disadvantage if any of 140mm vs 120 on the pyga?

If I get the Axon or reba I could probably afford a dropper post?

So decisions decisions?

Any opinions?

Pyga is trail orientated bikes, the one ten is designed to run 120-130 travel, the 140mm will slacken the head angle a bit more but most forks travel can be adjusted internally.

The suntour forks are cheaper usually for a reason. Try and get a look on what the fork's internals look like and how they work. This will give you an indication They are lighter forks but the x fusion will definitely be stiffer especially if you go for the unicrown option on the trace. Durability will be better on the Rockshox and x fusion forks. And also remember "goedkoop koop is duur koop. Riding a pyga go for a better fork. putting a suntour fork on the pyga will be like driving a ferrari but putting 13" steel wheels on

One good thing about the Xfusion is it's reasonbly simple to adjust the travel, so you're not totally committing yourself to one length. I think it's in 20mm increments, 100, 120 and 140, though you may be able to get to 130 with a spacer. I'd say the 34mm stanchions are also more in keeping with the frame's personality, especially if you run it at 140.

I've got a Xfusion sweep for the pyga 650b, I've got it set to 140 at the moment, though it's definitely going up to 160 at some point. I can't comment on the fork itself as I have yet to take it for a ride, but just looking at it you can see it's quality kit through-and-through, and I've only heard good things. And it's pretty light too - it weighed in at 1850g before cutting the steerer.

Thanks Matchstix - thats what I though but good to have confirmation, Still getting my head around spending so much! I think once I ride it the money will be forgotten!

Any reason to choose x fusion over rev or rev over x fusion?

If I have to choose between Rockshox and fox I will choose Rockshox.

I have been a Marzocchi fan for ages due to their durability and feel. I have. Ridden Marzocchi forks since 2004.

When a felt a X fusion I was sold. Extremely smooth fork. And it doesn't blow through the travel, brilliant small bump sensitivity without having to ride th fork soft. We put a demo fork on a epic customers bike after he bent his lowers on his fork. He loved the trace was mind blown.

After reading the comments and some reviews the xfusion fork seems to be the preferred choice. What do you guys think about the xfusion slide? (Seems to be a bit cheaper than the trance). Anyone running a slide on their pyga?

I have spoken to 1 or 2 LBS in pretoria and they say the xfusion service kits are not readily available, is that true? Any xfusion distributers in gauteng?

The slide has 32mm stanctions. Xc/all mountain where the trace is trail and enduro. The trace will be a bit more aggressive rising fork and you also have the HLA option which allows travel drop for climbing with 30mm.

The x fusion is currently a small company but parts are available and they are growing fast in popularity. I would say the shops that say that parts are not available haven't tried to find out. Its easier to say it is not.

Archived