[Event] MTN National MTB Series #5 Rooiberg Driven By Nissan

WesselvdWalt

Depends if you want to grow the Ultra field. If so then you need to make the cut off more generous. I would say 6 hours at 75km mark and 9 hours at finish.

9 hours is one hell of a long time on a bike but like you said if you want more people to enter the Ultra's then by all means, I for one will not ride an Ultra if I am not 100% sure I can finish at least 1hr before the cut off.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hear from you guys what a fair minimum average speed is to do a ultra in ie. min 15km/h for a 120km 8hour finish time... :huh: :whistling:

Wessel, let me clarify my question.

For Clarens the mid-point cut-off was initially advertised as 6 hours at 83km. I believe it was then changed, on the day, to 5 hours at 75km. However, riders who reached 75km after the 4 hour mark were told they did not make the cut-off and were unable to continue.

Thus, I would like to know what the mid-point cut-off will be, as I don't want to ride with a time in my mind for the mid-point cut-off, only to be told I am too late.

Edited by Thør

Hey Guys,

Herewith the details for Rooiberg for the cut-offs:

Note this route is not a marathon + half marathon loop.

You will also be removed from category prizes in the marathon.

07:15 - ULTRA START ALL

10:45 - @45km ( 3h30min from start ) [ TOTAL TIME: 3h30min] in Ultra to still get a finish in the Marathon but you have to then take the Marathon exit and receive a red sticker.

12:15 - @60km ( 1h30min from previous point ) [ TOTAL TIME: 5h00min] WP 4. You will be pulled off and given the option to take the dirt road back to the venue or wait and go back with the sweeper.

13:15 - @74km ( 1h00min from previous point) [ TOTAL TIME: 6h00min] in the Ultra you will be DNF in the ULTRA & Marathon if this point is not reached before this time.

16:00 - @105km ( 2h45min from previous point) [ TOTAL TIME: 8h45min] on the finish line, you will get a DNF in the ULTRA if not reached before this time.

Hey Guys,

Herewith the details for Rooiberg for the cut-offs:

Note this route is not a marathon + half marathon loop.

You will also be removed from category prizes in the marathon.

07:15 - ULTRA START ALL

10:45 - @45km ( 3h30min from start ) [ TOTAL TIME: 3h30min] in Ultra to still get a finish in the Marathon but you have to then take the Marathon exit and receive a red sticker.

12:15 - @60km ( 1h30min from previous point ) [ TOTAL TIME: 5h00min] WP 4. You will be pulled off and given the option to take the dirt road back to the venue or wait and go back with the sweeper.

13:15 - @74km ( 1h00min from previous point) [ TOTAL TIME: 6h00min] in the Ultra you will be DNF in the ULTRA & Marathon if this point is not reached before this time.

16:00 - @105km ( 2h45min from previous point) [ TOTAL TIME: 8h45min] on the finish line, you will get a DNF in the ULTRA if not reached before this time.

:thumbup:

NO late penalty fee!

when we gonna receive our batch starting time email i do not have mine yet ??

Seeding emails went out about 30min ago.

Please ignore first one with typo, which had "Sun" for the half and not "Sat" :whistling:

Hi Wessel - will you be accepting late entries for the Rooiberg half marathon on Saturday or has the cap of 2000 entries been reached?

In A for the marathon...

I dont think this race is even half sold out with the Magalies Monster happening on the same day

Hi Wessel - will you be accepting late entries for the Rooiberg half marathon on Saturday or has the cap of 2000 entries been reached?

Hi Wian,

None of our National events currently have a cap in place.

We always accept line / late entries for them.

We also won't charge a late fee t Rooiberg.

Awesome trails today, and really tough.......so much single track, but some not for the faint hearted !

What an awesome event!!! Great tough proper mtb trails. My body did not want to work with me today, struggled home with a sore back, sore legs and a sore knee in 4:30 in the marathon.

Thanks to the organisers for putting together a fantastic event!!!

Where do we get Results from?

I got a SMS saying Visit jumperjax.com/results.

There is nothing there?