ITU World Triathlon Series Cape Town 26-27 April

davem

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been an entire day with no posts, so it's not like I'm hijacking a thread.

It's really simple. I'm a straight shooter, call a spade a spade. The wonderful thing about the internet is that people can say what they want. Within reason, we have really defined rules about that here - if I've infringed upon them then click the report button.

I'm not sure know why you try play the blameless victim, are your hands really clean? Just for fun let's look at your latest rant (it's been edited, but not for grammar so not sure what it said originally).

How old are you? like 5? I said I was going to buy you a beer but I guess in your mind that meant freedbies and your eyes lit up .

Was that a genuine offer or a weak misguided insult? Here's the original.

I am going to watch and was going to offer you to buy you a beer, maybe even a craft beer if you behave. Im sure you have always wondered what they taste like

Attempted backtrack on what??? All is there to read troll. I said I might not do the race because I think 4 laps in an area where I train will be boring (for me) and congested (imo). I had an entry but didn't use it has my car was broken into on the morning so the decision didn't even need to be made. It had nothing to do with money little man

I read it again, the fact that you mentioned the entry price in every post meant that (justifiably) it was a bit about the money - R250 and you would have signed up on the spot. So you entered anyway, R1k down the drain there.

I'm about 6"2, or were you being figurative (and a little bit demeaning) there?

The difference between you and I and commenting is I actually do triathlon and provide positive contributions and don't come here to troll and criticize people on how they choose to spend there money (because you cant afford it). Im embarrassed for you, truly. When you meet hubbers aren't you embarrassed by the stupid things you write?

So you insult(misguided or not) someone and say you provide positive contributions in the same post? That's a bit hypocritical wouldn't you say? Nothing illegal with being a hypocrit, but don't get surprised when the kettle calls the pot black.

i got a team entry on the last minute as in meeting the team mates the day of the race.only did the short one.as i am still struggling with the broken metarsal i swam.water not that cold for me as i am used to swimming at clifton.took me just over 7 min for the 500m swim and then the long hike hobbling along on one foot to T1.all in all a lekker outing as i had a couple of beers and cheered my tri mates and watched the pros up close.watched the race on the telly as well.if those images does not grab you by the balls and make you want to come to cape town not much will.as with any new event there were some teething problems but i am sure it will be ironed out in future.i then opted the next day for a geniune swim by driving through to langebaan and did the 3,2 km round the island swim in 14 degrees.took me just over 62 min so a lekker weekend all in all.that must be the biggest medal i got for the shortest amount of work ever.

interesting to see that my time from the water to T1 was actualy longer than my swim time.felt like a real poep