ITU World Triathlon Series Cape Town 26-27 April

davem

you only have another 7 hours to enter, better decide soon

haha perhaps not knowing that would have been better!

That's a R1000 towards a weekend away with the gf - sidekick race's power meter

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least there will be no wind .... first time you will hear of that in Cape Town.

Closer to sub 29 more like ;)

Yeah if its flat, 2 weeks ago in Auckland the fastest time was 30:40 (Gomez), the rest of the tops elites 31 and 32's.

BTW what happened to Richard Murray, did not see him at the opening round in Auckland?

Yeah if its flat, 2 weeks ago in Auckland the fastest time was 30:40 (Gomez), the rest of the tops elites 31 and 32's.

BTW what happened to Richard Murray, did not see him at the opening round in Auckland?

He was racing all Africa Champs I believe.... not sure on the decision of why.

I read somewhere that Richard Murray is saving himself for this one

Any idea on start times of age groups?

Available information about race day on site is minimal....

Apparently info on start groups and times are going to be sent out tomorrow, 24 April

So is there any clarification on what bikes we can/cannot use?

Yip, Competition Rules and Athlete Guides are up on the website. Looks like TT bike area allowed

capetown.triathlon.org/athlete_info/age_group_athletes/athlete_guide_race_rules

post-1830-0-16994100-1398345426_thumb.pngQuite keen to watch the big boys duke it out on the sunday, i'm guessing lots of people will just park at waterfront, watch the swim and then move to the finish or bike/run loop.

anyone got better ideas, seems to me macdonalds parking lot might even be the prime spot!

edit:added route picture

Edited by Shebeen

my initial reaction was the same - race at the waterfront - how cool.

Then I looked at the course and realized I would be paying R1000 to run 4 circles where I train 80% of the time.

I might still change my mind though

sies vir jou?!!! complaining about race entry fees being steep, have you fallen on hard times?!

Saw on Tweetybird that due to the current water temperature, the swim is wetsuit compulsory for the Standard Distance. Optional for the Sprint.

post-1830-0-16994100-1398345426_thumb.pngQuite keen to watch the big boys duke it out on the sunday, i'm guessing lots of people will just park at waterfront, watch the swim and then move to the finish or bike/run loop.

anyone got better ideas, seems to me macdonalds parking lot might even be the prime spot!

edit:added route picture

No I am racing on Saterday not Sunday ;)

I think your plan is good, watch the swim and then move to the finish line. You could look at taking a MTB down and riding around a bit

sies vir jou?!!! complaining about race entry fees being steep, have you fallen on hard times?!

Where did I complain about fees? or for that matter criticize those who did enter?Try reading - I said I would be paying R1k to run 4 circles in a area where I do most of my training. ie it would be relatively boring and imo very congested.

I am going to watch and was going to offer you to buy you a beer, maybe even a craft beer if you behave. Im sure you have always wondered what they taste like

Edited by JGR

Any idea on start times of age groups?

Available information about race day on site is minimal....

Age Groupers commence at 8:30am I think.

Bike check in starts @ 6:30.