Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Movistar currently setting the pace and it's already too hot for a number of riders who are being distanced.

Chalapud is currently on the attack but he's alone.The pace in the peloton, being set by Quintana's Movistar team, has already seen riders drop off the back. All the main GC guys are still in contention though.

Edited by ' Dale

We're just hitting the hardest part of the Gavia with stretches close to 10 per cent. Chalapud has 30 seconds on the peloton at the moment.

is igor anton up with the front of the bunch with the rest of his team

I told you he was saving himself in the TT....... today's his day :whistling:

The visibility is becoming worse and worse as Chalapud rides through the mist. Movistar still occupy the front of the peloton.

118km to go so we've covered roughly 20km of the stage so far and we have one leader, Chalapud, who holds 30 seconds over the bunch.

Arredondo!!!

Pops out to the front and gains some distance

Going for those KOM points

!!!

It's snowing on the Stelvio we hear as the maglia rosa group continue to lose riders. Those off the back will need to chase on the descent because the time limit could be a real issue today.

Edited by ' Dale

Chalapud rides along side the huge snow banks on the side of the road as he pushes on. It's not the prettiest climbing style as rocks from side to side but it's doing the job.