Where have all the real men gone

scotty

Tubeless

Its a pleasure

Lol, even tubeless you can pick up problems as i experienced the weekend, but that's a different story

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rouxtjie, tjomma, I'm already dishing out enough so nothing to spare... but if you really are going to suffer don't dish stuff out but at least stop and not leave a person alone at the side of the road ... scotty's friend didn't even get that as an offer from his posting.

I wish that people would state upfront when accepting assistance if they "pay it forward" because then those of us who do spend lots of money on helping would know who NOT to help ;-P

that is really the issue for me, once I have stopped I have sorted committed to get the person rolling again...and "ek belowe op my ere woord", everytime the person has nothing, nada...maybe a multitool and a gel...but that is it. So I ask where is your tube, where is your bomb where is your quicklink and I get sad panda eyes...so I just give in and fit them mine. Like I said in earlier posts, for girls(especially the hot one, I do it, its the right thing to do) but guys...aikona, klap n toon pel...think of it as schoolfees cause I promise you that after their 10km hike home, they are going directly to cyclelab to buy the spares.

Tubeless

Its a pleasure

You would think, but people think it lasts forever...case and point the 2 aunties on the spruit...air was pissing out but they insisted they had tubeless conversion done, how long ago I asked...about 2 year. Sealant all gone and dry...

that is really the issue for me, once I have stopped I have sorted committed to get the person rolling again...and "ek belowe op my ere woord", everytime the person has nothing, nada...maybe a multitool and a gel...but that is it. So I ask where is your tube, where is your bomb where is your quicklink and I get sad panda eyes...so I just give in and fit them mine. Like I said in earlier posts, for girls(especially the hot one, I do it, its the right thing to do) but guys...aikona, klap n toon pel...think of it as schoolfees cause I promise you that after their 10km hike home, they are going directly to cyclelab to buy the spares.

rouxtjie, some of us cant afford the extra weight on the bike and the costs involved, please help me next time you check me out on the side of the trail

I don't care if it's a guy or a girl. It could be the sexiest guy on the plantet or some old woman, I will assist. Last year at the R4V of the 3 people I stopped to assist, 2 were guys (neither remotely sexy). I simply see a human in need, even if it's due to their own negligence.

rouxtjie, some of us cant afford the extra weight on the bike and the costs involved, please help me next time you check me out on the side of the trail

For you I kill the bull J,....tjommas and hubbers I know I will stop fo shiz.

We all you know you Only ride when there is a support vehicle

I don't care if it's a guy or a girl. It could be the sexiest guy on the plantet or some old woman, I will assist. Last year at the R4V of the 3 people I stopped to assist, 2 were guys (neither remotely sexy). I simply see a human in need, even if it's due to their own negligence.

Are you ghey or a girl...actually nevermind.

You are a better person than I am... I only stop for aunties, and if they have big boobs, I will even give them a lift home... I am shallow that way

We all you know you Only ride when there is a support vehicle

Why, is your arse that big that you need a horse an trailer to carry it ?

This is how I imagine Slowpoke

http://stuffgodhates.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/hot_angel.jpg

This is how I imagine Slowpoke

http://stuffgodhates.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/hot_angel.jpg

I won't lie....I will stop even if she doesn't have a mechanical. :whistling:

Eish would not have started thread if i knew it was going to be dragged out. She did not complain about not been helped , when I asked her about the ride and she told me about it it was i who was surprised no one assisted (after initially telling her how friendly and helpful cyclists are, my bad)

She had all the right tool's and spares so no need to have been out of pocket, this post was about offering to help, not a free handout. But typical HUB it gets turned into mush.

Are you ghey or a girl...actually nevermind.

You are a better person than I am... I only stop for aunties, and if they have big boobs, I will even give them a lift home... I am shallow that way

Very decent lady actually.

I'm a serial stopper, much to the chagrin of my riding partner mind you! However, I have some rules, the first one being if you are male or female and you haven't got spares you're going to get a roasting, this is unforgivable in our sport. In fact the other day when I started to give a chap the gears on Klapperkop he stopped me and said "don't worry I have already started the walk of shame". The other rule is, if it is a puncture or a basic repair I'll supply the kit and you have to fix yourself while I watch (and advise if needed) and if you are female I am happy to show you how but I expect you to be able to do it yourself at the end. Other repairs that require more than a general repair knowledge I am happy to assist if I know what to do.

I think we owe it to our families and fellow MTBikers that we are relatively self sufficient in terms of effecting on the trail repairs to ensure we are capable of getting home safely.

Eish would not have started thread if i knew it was going to be dragged out. She did not complain about not been helped , when I asked her about the ride and she told me about it it was i who was surprised no one assisted (after initially telling her how friendly and helpful cyclists are, my bad)

She had all the right tool's and spares so no need to have been out of pocket, this post was about offering to help, not a free handout. But typical HUB it gets turned into mush.

See my earlier post...its part and parcel for me everytime....you offer help, you make peace with being out of pocket if history repeats itself

I know your friend had everything, but she is in the minority. Nevertheless I will continue to stop for hot girls. :thumbup: