In for a shock!

Eddie Stafford

sounds easy enough, but where do you buy the seals ect and don't you need special tools?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skott5, from Oct to Apr the tracks, mostly sugarcane fields can get very wet, but once you know the routes it is not a problem. This time of the year is the best for cycling off road. Unfortunately the best areas are fenced off and belong to private people, mostly hunting farms (they should about 3000 deer a year) and you can’t get access to them. We have about 10 local off road races a year and there is normally a turn-out of up to 60 riders. Our weekly ride (Black River) consists of between 5 and 20 riders. I think road cycling is a bit bigger, there is the Tour of Mauritius every year and also the Deutsche Bank challenge (100 km), which is the “Argus” of Mauritius every October.

The biggest international race is the Omnicane Southern Tropical Challenge held at the end of October every year (about 100 teams). I have done it the last two years and it is a fantastic 4 day stage race. Highly recommended and land owners opens their farms so you get access to areas you don’t otherwise see. The last day run along the sea in the south coast and finishes on the beach. See for details and photos. http://www.mtb-mauritius.com/en .

I see you are in KZN, if you paddle surfskis then there is also the fantastic Mauritius Ocean Classic, the first weekend in July. http://www.mauritiusoceanclassic.com/

Cool, I think it's time to plan a holiday !

sounds easy enough, but where do you buy the seals ect and don't you need special tools?

My question exactly, have a Recon and Ario due for a service and just need to find all the tools and service kits, videos explain everything well and it's pretty straight forward.

I'm in a similar industry, same thing, different sport.

No matter the repair, we only add a small handling fee on any repairs. Just to cover any phone calls, staff time, etc... We don't try to make a profit on someone's miss fortune.

Sent out services are a slightly different story, and depending on our involvement, it can be from 10% to 20%, plus what the taxman expects.

Freight is always for the clients expense.

We normally play open cards with the client, having invoice copies available for them.

Often, we take a look at what has to be done and pass the client on to the agent directly, removing us from being the middleman. Client pays all the freight, agent directly, etc...

International repairs and services are a bit more complicated, again open cards with shipping costs, repair charges (often in Dollars)' return freight, etc... Sometimes it makes more sense to buy a new "whatever" and get a new warrant and support.

Anywho, glad it got sorted.

Oh boy, so I said I've send my Brain fork to Cyclefunatics last month the 24th - Still no word, I've phoned them 3 times already and each time they promise to phone me back with a answer as to when I can expect it back. They did mention it's going to need more than a service, apparently realized something else was wrong... no sh#t, I specifically made a note on the fork that it's not keeping pressure... I see a HelloPeter complain in the making.

Oh boy, so I said I've send my Brain fork to Cyclefunatics last month the 24th - Still no word, I've phoned them 3 times already and each time they promise to phone me back with a answer as to when I can expect it back. They did mention it's going to need more than a service, apparently realized something else was wrong... no sh#t, I specifically made a note on the fork that it's not keeping pressure... I see a HelloPeter complain in the making.

24th of April? With all the public holidays you've got zero chance of getting it back inside a week.

But the shop should have told you that when you called them.

sucks being without it especially with all the public holidays - I could have been riding :(

ok, finial quote - R5245 .... I said no wayz, I'll ride it like it is..

you can buy a nice newish second hand fork for that price ... or a new one on sale if you look around !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brain service plus stanchions and bushings, I'm guessing. That'll sting a bit.

You can buy a fork for that money. Like a proper one. :ph34r:

I'm going to buy a NEW 2014 RockShox Reba for that price from CWC... They phoned now to say they looking at alternative solutions that'll bring down the cost... lets see.

I'm going to buy a NEW 2014 RockShox Reba for that price from CWC... They phoned now to say they looking at alternative solutions that'll bring down the cost... lets see.

Ja hey .... I would go new as you might just end up down this road later again with moerse repair costs .... keep the old fork and build a cheap SS play bike ;)

Would be interesting to see how they cost engineer the service cost!