Shimano SA ( CPT)

wepat

To get back to the original post. I was stupid enough to buy XTR trail pedals. They eventually wore out as is to be expected. BUT: the service/ replacement of bearings cost was the same as new XT pedals (that I should have bought in the first place). I somehow thought top of the line stuff would be servicable. Dunno who is to blame but just saying....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To get back to the original post. I was stupid enough to buy XTR trail pedals. They eventually wore out as is to be expected. BUT: the service/ replacement of bearings cost was the same as new XT pedals (that I should have bought in the first place). I somehow thought top of the line stuff would be servicable. Dunno who is to blame but just saying....

Yeah. All xtr trail pedals have over the xt ' s are the weight and, of course, the ability to spontaneously bankrupt you.

You should only pay vat on imported bicycle parts and the the vat is to be calculated on the goods price and not the total price .

Total meaning goods + shipping .The most common mistake is to add vat to the total and not to subtract the shipping beforehand.

I encounter this alot with lazy shipping agents and most of them dont really know what they are doing so it can be a constant struggle if goods are cleared incorrectly.

Yeah. All xtr trail pedals have over the xt ' s are the weight and, of course, the ability to spontaneously bankrupt you.

And there is virtually no difference in weight. The xtr race ones are 310g and xt race are 343g.

The xtr trail are 398g and the xt trail are 408g. So actually not worth spending that extra money for 33grams in the race pedals and 10 in the trail ones.

You can get the bearing kit and axle for xtr from buycycle for R350 per side.

Thx Wyatt.

I replied to the OP's question on why no CT shops have stock. We have - are situated in Durbanville and posted the link.

Louzy then proceeded to direct him to CRC in Ireland with a quote for half of what we sell - with the statement that local online are still way too expensive...

So I pointed out the fact - if he feels I was sarcastic - then so be it. But please compare apples with apples when quoting prices on a forum.

I so get, what you posted, and completely agree. Apples with Apples.

You have my support.

I had to wait 3 months once for a xtr fd. These guys are piss poor at best

But that's because they would only import it with their next shipment, other wise your cost would be exponentially high.

How ever it is poor that this was not explained to you.

You can get the bearing kit and axle for xtr from buycycle for R350 per side.

No Left axles in stock!!! Aaargh

Expensive pedal service. Suddenly Crank Bros at around R200 for both sides doesn't look too bad.

Expensive pedal service. Suddenly Crank Bros at around R200 for both sides doesn't look too bad.

Not if you have to do it twice a year :whistling:

Hat, coat....hold the door

Edited by rouxtjie

Make your life a little bit easier and get Evobikes to sort out your brake issues. I've always been sorted out by them when I go to Janos. My 2 cents...