Karkloof festival deepens Sappi’s MTB ties

News bot

Anyone know how long the main climbs are and hows the race in general? Looking forward to the 60km tomorrow

Climbs aren't too bad... But it is quite a hard race.... if you give it all you'll be glad to see the finish

Anyone know how long the main climbs are and hows the race in general? Looking forward to the 60km tomorrow

The first climb is not too bad. The real baddy is Libanon climb. It goes on for k's. Save a bit for the last climbof the ride called Pressure cooker. its not steep but the legs are tired and the going is not smooth.

post-40998-0-50430200-1399719900_thumb.jpg

had an absolute blast on the 40km - we were sweeping and basically had empty, ridden in track all the way except for the last 10 ks...not a very technical route...but what a lot of fun with all those berms and mini camel humps

Had major tyre problems last night with a tear at the base of my valve...Jimmycool did a macgyver job with a valve cut from a tube and insulation tape( rim tape was stuffed too!). Jimmycool you're the best :clap:

So glad I could ride today

Had a blast on the 40.km. :thumbup: ....What a jol.

Edited by blondeonabike

Had major tyre problems last night with a tear at the base of my valve...Jimmycool did a macgyver job with a valve cut from a tube and insulation tape( rim tape was stuffed too!). Jimmycool you're the best :clap:

So glad I could ride today

Had a blast on the 40.km. :thumbup: ....What a jol.

That's good news! Glad it all held together and you were able to enjoy the ride.

Awesome ride! Really enjoyed the single track. Hope the chap with the grey Silverback that fell off near the drop offs is okay.

Awesome ride! Really enjoyed the single track. Hope the chap with the grey Silverback that fell off near the drop offs is okay.

he is fine..we stopped and made sure he was ok. He had a lovely lady rider attending to his needs. they got hold of the organisers and I let them know exactly where he was on the course. I also got the ROAG ladies to phone in and make sure when we got to their water table.......there really should have been a warning about those steep inclines

Any news on the guy who was injured during the night race? He was down on the first lap and they were still putting him on a back board 50 minutes later when we passed hat spot again.

he is fine..we stopped and made sure he was ok. He had a lovely lady rider attending to his needs. they got hold of the organisers and I let them know exactly where he was on the course. I also got the ROAG ladies to phone in and make sure when we got to their water table.......there really should have been a warning about those steep inclines

Yeah. I came flying down there and had to brake hard to avoid a bunch of people pushing down. Possible should have had a green and black split.

What an awesome weekend :thumbup:

Did the Enduro and 40km and loved every mm of it.

Definitely some of the best riding in SA, a must do for any cyclist.