Spez Ground Control / Fast Track for Sani?

davetapson

Need new tyres in a hurry for Sani

Can get Spez GC and FT for R419 ea, in stock and avl.

Anybody used them? Thoughts? I'm not a Spez fan so bashing for the sake of bashing will be wasted effort.

Replacing Monorail / Crossmark combo.

Fast Track - no issues so far. they have enough grip and roll well enough for me. my Sani partner rode epic with them too - no issues there either.

Edited by ricochet_rabbit

That's my current setup (GC 2.3 front and FT 2.1 back), which worked great for the recent cradle mountain (some rocky, some nice climbs, and some single track).

The only reason I'm changing for this setup is because I commute, which eats the spez tread a little.

I've found that they gather mud a bit... But a good solid bunny hop or jump gets rid of most of it...

The were easy to set up tubeless on my ztr arch ex rims, and I run them at 2 bar at the back and 1.8 at the front ( I weigh 95kg) which I found to give me the best feel over rocks and good grip around corners.

Edited by DomP

sani will be very loose, dusty and dry this year!

Edited by TNOSE_E

Fast Track - no issues so far. they have enough grip and roll well enough for me. my Sani partner rode epic with them too - no issues there either.

Done the last two Sani's and this years Epic on Fast Track's, awesome tyre. Best value for money out there. I would however suggest you go Controls over S-Works

While we're on the topic, why Controls over S-Works and why not the Grids? Would like to know what the difference is.

Ground control has good grip for the front. But be careful of the s-works versions - very soft sidewalls - I know quite a few people who have torn the sidewall easily. You don't really need the grid for the ground control. I've been using captain control 2bliss for 2 years. Changed to 2.1 ground control. No problems so far.

Good tires.

Used the GC & FT combo for about two years now. Works great and I can recommend it.

While we're on the topic, why Controls over S-Works and why not the Grids? Would like to know what the difference is.

The grid is quite a lot heavier than the control which is only a bit heavier than the s-works. The grid is a stronger tire but I've never had problems with the controls.

Edited by JCA12

Me and my partners at Sani have used it for 3 years now... Best tyres I've ever used (including Racing Ralphs). And at R420, best value for money at the moment...

I destroyed my Racing Ralphs in less than 2 months... Fastrack back lasts me 6 months and Ground Control front more than a year.

Thanks guys. Control version it will be.

I like a change now and then - this should be interesting.

Edited by davetapson

Ground control 2.1 is only 45 grams more than the 2.0 fast trak (in 26inch). I would look at getting 2 ground controls (I feel more in control with more grip at the back)

Also run FT 2.0 rear and GC 2.1 front, good combination and strong tyres. I've done a few races with FT 2.2 in the front but its very slippery on loose gravel track or mud... stick with ground control there