[Event] MTN National MTB Series #6 Van Gaalen Driven By Nissan

WesselvdWalt

Go run it off

Laaities of today

wahahahha knew you would say that....but seriously. will make the call tomorrow AM. I got a rule, if the loogie is above my neck, go run it off as you say...but below with muscle aches....no way

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

again my question Wessel is the distance and assent correct in the booklet ?

Didn't look at booklet but for marathon on that route it should be between 70-75km and approx. 1500m ascent. When you see the river you're nearly home.

wahahahha knew you would say that....but seriously. will make the call tomorrow AM. I got a rule, if the loogie is above my neck, go run it off as you say...but below with muscle aches....no way

Good call - else go gargle with brandy but don't spit it out. See you tomorrow.

Good call - else go gargle with brandy but don't spit it out. See you tomorrow.

Gonna give it everything tonight...salt, brandy gargle...corenza and some virual choice.

again my question Wessel is the distance and assent correct in the booklet ?

It hasn't changed. :) 47km for the Half 75km for the full. 1426m ascent / 770m ascent. -_-

Routes are as close to what we can provide you, Erik said he's cleaned stuff, cut new trail etc in Oom Piet and other sections this week. We aim to provide routes as close as dammit but we can't go ride it every time with a gps to get a new 100% accurate reading. It's widely accepted that you can be out by 5% by most organisers. I'd like to say that we are closer to 2.5%. :rolleyes:

-> Guys, I'm not on here to answer "on demand" questions, It keeps me out of work and prevents a successful event. I help and give feedback where I can, and enjoy doing it. But this is not the kind of job that's a desk job. If I missed your question don't shoot me. I'm already 3 events ahead with prep etc. :whistling:

It hasn't changed. :) 47km for the Half 75km for the full. 1426m ascent / 770m ascent. -_-

Routes are as close to what we can provide you, Erik said he's cleaned stuff, cut new trail etc in Oom Piet and other sections this week. We aim to provide routes as close as dammit but we can't go ride it every time with a gps to get a new 100% accurate reading. It's widely accepted that you can be out by 5% by most organisers. I'd like to say that we are closer to 2.5%. :rolleyes:

-> Guys, I'm not on here to answer "on demand" questions, It keeps me out of work and prevents a successful event. I help and give feedback where I can, and enjoy doing it. But this is not the kind of job that's a desk job. If I missed your question don't shoot me. I'm already 3 events ahead with prep etc. :whistling:

Wessel agreed your responses are "unnecessary".... BUT are much appreciated...

Really hope to make it down jou baas alive

... Routes change until the last few days sometimes before an event, no matter how far ahead you plan. Thats from the trail side and is brought on by unpredictable landowners or other last-minute unforeseeables... Thats why we don't issue gpx files...Ever.

I'm still amazed that Advendurance manages to handle all these events simultaneously (considering route final prep alone is at least 2 weeks on each) and still publish, well beforehand, the routes and profiles at 98% correct...

Cant get much better than that!!

This will be my first 70km+ ride so I am very stressed out atm. Don't care what my time is, just want to finish. If someone is looking for me I'll be the one in the back cramping.

go to dischem and get anti cramping tablets, you will thank me tomorrow ;-)

go to dischem and get anti cramping tablets, you will thank me tomorrow ;-)

Got some USN Cramb Block from them yesterday so hopefully it'll work. Thanks!

This will be my first 70km+ ride so I am very stressed out atm. Don't care what my time is, just want to finish. If someone is looking for me I'll be the one in the back cramping.

I also chose VG as my debut marathon a few years back....mmm. Wise?? choice. Just don't get caught up in the mad RUSH after start. Ride you own pace. Take it easy at first. Awesome achievement...best of luck...At least its not summer.

Got some USN Cramb Block from them yesterday so hopefully it'll work. Thanks!

Take the crampblock tab,s and also take Rehidrat before and during .You have to increase your salt intake and Rehidrat has plenty of all you need and a Ph buffer .

ok bad news first....woke up on wed with scratchy throat, thinking it will go away...So did a hard session last night. Woke up this mornin feeling hondnaai. Will make a call tomorrow if i am still doing it.

Good news...coming through regardless.

Sad panda

Did you not learn from Monster...

Intervals the week leading up to the race wasn't a good idea... :P

Can't say get well soon... coz you're not really sick yet...

So see you in the morning on the start line

;)