[Event] MTN National MTB Series #6 Van Gaalen Driven By Nissan

WesselvdWalt

Yup Chukky, i expect nothing else than a protracted rant about those incompetent lazy and slow chops on the satellite descent. Please make sure you throw an empty water bottle at me as you blast past......

:)

The last time I did this I got lambasted, completey burnt by the Hub witches.

I said if you cant ride down it, walk to the SIDE off the line so that us riders can come through.

If you're walking up a technical climb, STAY OUT of the riding line for the riders.

I only rant about the tjops that walk in the way, I take my hat off to the guys that attempt but dont succeed... if you dont make it, be quick to step aside for the fella behind you that isnt off.

There is only 1 rule I live by in these situations, dont be a tjop and put youself in the persons shoes behind you who wants to come past and not have to stop :thumbup:

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry, you will find him gooi'ing a vloer moer about 3km later in the "sandpit".... The prawn and sand are not tjommies.

I can get through that k@k just fine, I just had a bad experience at Joberg2C Day 1 thats made me HATE SAND ever since.

I dont like that stuff, if I want to go to a beach, I go to the sea

There is only 1 rule I live by in these situations, dont be a tjop and put youself in the persons shoes behind you who wants to come past and not have to stop :thumbup:

No Worries. I will be walking off the line (on the right cos its easier on the uphill side) and jogging down the track where i can. Gonna try ride the first third of the descent which is do-able, but the last section is a bit iffy. Respect to anyone who can ride that section.

wants to come past and not have to stop :thumbup:

So true once you get stopped by someone on an accent it sometimes just is not possible to get going again or so much effort that you are burnt out before getting to the top. Also if the terrain is bad it is not that easy to go around people as generally when I ride up it is not at pace. The slightest delay in cadence gets you off the saddle.

Yip I agree. When can we start moaning about the following?

Seeding

Mumble... Dropped a batch

C for me, suppose more SAS races would help...

:P

I received no mail. Should I be worried?

Alex

no, don't worry. That means you start in J batch. Haha. You should have it latest tomorrow

Noob question. If I start in a later batch my race time is from the start of the first batch or the start of the batch I started in. In other words can the person second over the line beet the guy coming in first because the batch he started in was the second or third batch.

Mumble... Dropped a batch

C for me, suppose more SAS races would help...

:P

eish dude....not good...B for me. Either small batches of lots of race rockets

Noob question. If I start in a later batch my race time is from the start of the first batch or the start of the batch I started in. In other words can the person second over the line beet the guy coming in first because the batch he started in was the second or third batch.

You can do this, you will just have to notify the time keepers.

If you start in a earlier batch you will be DQ'd.

eish dude....not good...B for me. Either small batches of lots of race rockets

National event so many people (outside Gauteng) might have moved you down ;)

Marathon has 100 in a batch, Half has 150 both with 10min gaps...

Also dropped from B (in trailseeker) to C ... not that I'm complaining in any way shape or form. It's Fun Gaalens, it's Nationals, I just want to hang on and maybe survive :D

Wessel can you check Christiaan Kotze and Charmaine Kotze seeding for me plz? They haven't received theirs yet

Anyone else predicting a +7 hour finish on the marathon ?

Rule of thumb in terms of my own finishing times: take the winning time and multiply by two. So yeah, see you there.