Best LBS in CPT for MTB servicing??

Raydek

Was wondering if there was one LBS that may be better than another when it comes to servicing. Have heard rumors like X shop doesn't check certain items or uses incorrect lube, or Y shop trues rims better than X etc...

it is a very subjective matter , but jaco at the bike shed has been my go to many a year and i am yet to be sisappointed.TBS .He is on contermanskloof farm.

Which area?

Northern suburbs preferably, but don't mind southern should the service be really good.

The closets few to me would be either CWC Willowbridge, Cyclelab Tygervalley or City Cycles Canal Walk.

what exactly needs to be 'fixed' on the bike? I don't like this idea of general servicing that people bike shops seem to think their bikes needs all the time....

Edited by rock

it is a very subjective matter , but jaco at the bike shed has been my go to many a year and i am yet to be sisappointed.TBS .He is on contermanskloof farm.

Aah yes, pass them often on rides.

what exactly needs to be 'fixed' on the bike? I don't like this idea of general servicing that people bike shops seem to think their bikes needs all the time....

Both rims need to be trued and tensioned properly and there is a weird 'click' somewhere around my bars when I hit bumps which I can't seem to pinpoint, so really just want a second set of eyes.

Edited by Raydek

I do not agree with you mate. Deon & his team @ Cyclefunatics are simply the best !

Northern Suburbs - Jaco @ the Bike Shed.

Somerset West - William's Bike Shop (without a doubt)

Town - Action Cycles in Bree Street. Marco & Devon know their ****!

Southern Subs - Epic Bike Shop - Lance and his crew are fantastic, and he knows how to build a wheel properly

Southern Southern Subs - Trail and Tar.

Those would be my go to places, depending on where you are and where you're going to be.

No other places will do down here in the Cape.

Northern Suburbs - Jaco @ the Bike Shed.

Somerset West - William's Bike Shop (without a doubt)

Town - Action Cycles in Bree Street. Marco & Devon know their ****!

Southern Subs - Epic Bike Shop - Lance and his crew are fantastic, and he knows how to build a wheel properly

Southern Southern Subs - Trail and Tar.

Those would be my go to places, depending on where you are and where you're going to be.

No other places will do down here in the Cape.

Thanks for the info

It seems reasonably clear from posts that there is no such thing as a best LBS.

Most provide good service most of the time, but none are flawless and occassional hiccups will occur.

A good relationship with an LBS will however ensure that hiccups are sorted out quickly.

Edited by Thomo