Bryton Rider and MTB-Problems

DieVlieg

I Everybody, please mail terence@bryton.co.za or call 0110234478

The device has probably got a loose battery connection and provided it is still under warrantee we will replace same day or offer a nominal core exchange fee for a new or ugrade to another model.

If it is indeed a loose battery connection I would fix it for free whether it is still under warranty or not - just saying - take it or leave it - your call!

But well done for response!

Hi Porqui,

Its a sealed unit and no option to just open it unfortunatly.

If it wax as simple as opening and reconnecting it or re soldering it trust us it would be free...

Rider 40, 50 and 60 series devices can be opened and repaired.

Thanks for the feedback.

If it is indeed a loose battery connection I would fix it for free whether it is still under warranty or not - just saying - take it or leave it - your call!

But well done for response!

Hi Porqui,

Its a sealed unit and no option to just open it unfortunatly.

If it wax as simple as opening and reconnecting it or re soldering it trust us it would be free...

Rider 40, 50 and 60 series devices can be opened and repaired.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ok! understand.

• 5 months later...

I had the same problem with mine. After having the unit replaced due to display problems it still froze when using the duel cadence and speed sensor. I think the problem came from from the gps speed and the sensors speed not correlating causing an error. Only seems to happen on my MTB though... Dont really use cadence on MTB so since iv moved it to my road bike iv had no problems.

onto my second Bryton and I love them. Great service and amazing battery life. Watch my mates recharging their Garmins during Sani2c (it was a long queue) and laughed... did Sani on one charge. boom. its also very accurate elevation wise.

Guest DieBees

I baught a Bryton rider 21 in March this year. It seems that every time I ride on rocky terrain the thing just freezes at some point in the ride and I end up losing my ride or have to restart the thing at some point and lose half or most of a ride.

My theories are narrowed down to rocks hitting the cadence with integrated speed sensor. Should I take these off and only try to get info from the GPS computer itself when going off road or should I go see the local distributors and ask for a replacement. In case I only rely on the computer I can just as well try to hook up a small sized android phone and also save weight on crying a phone.

I so want to spend money on other things at this moment and a GPS it not one of them.

If rocks are hitting the sensor it will affect speed and cadence only. The fault lies with the main unit is my take. Contact Bryton, the are a bunch of awesome people and would love to sort you out.

Is it only the rock sections you are concerned of? Sometimes there is a faulty electronic component and then it swithces off when hot to protect the unit.

Me and my wife ride with Bryton on road and MTB and we have no issues.

Guest DieBees

onto my second Bryton and I love them. Great service and amazing battery life. Watch my mates recharging their Garmins during Sani2c (it was a long queue) and laughed... did Sani on one charge. boom. its also very accurate elevation wise.

+1!

post-37618-0-27809000-1417761764_thumb.jpg

This is what you need to strap to your bike if you want to do a long ride/multiday event with a Garmin. Pathetic battery life in comparison.

Best Bryton advice I've seen on here..........switch it off with a hammer

Yip, buy a Garmin. They aren't perfect, nut 500% closer than Bryton.

Yip, buy a Garmin. They aren't perfect, nut 500% closer than Bryton.

why the bryton hate?

Mine is now 4 years old - battery still lasts for 15 straight hours of riding and its accurate - still looks brand new

why the bryton hate?

Mine is now 4 years old - battery still lasts for 15 straight hours of riding and its accurate - still looks brand new

Same here, my Rider 35 going on 2.5 years, battery life is as new, initial software problems resolved in a flash.

why the bryton hate?

I have had 3 different Bryton units, had issues on all 3. Moved to Garmin and never had issues again. I guess its a personal preference thing, my preference is just Garmin due to having bad experiences with Bryton. I will say this, the backup service for Bryton was great! 

They did have a slow start, dodgy firmware, but now they knock Garmin out in just about everything. And they're a whole lot cheaper.

Archived