Would you source straight from Taiwan if you could

TaiwaneseFarmer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Each to their own, all will have reasons for and against doing so... just look at the chinese carbon thread

Ha Ha, no.

I am assuming cycle science are the guys with the fake Pinarello stuff?

No, no fake stuff here mate.

I have no time for lawsuits :)

Yup. I would for sure obviously it's all dependant on price, shipping and guarantee.

I get some stuff overseas, I get some stuff locally. I support spend money @ my LBS but I'm also not going to pay over inflated prices on some kit just for the pleasure when prices of stuff in UK, Aus and the rest are cheaper. Those LBS overseas are still making a profit and offering good service / product.

I also have a local mechanic that works independently of any of the cycle shops so don't just use them to clear up my mess (and even if I were they do charge very happily for it, it's never given for free). Warranty wise, I've never had anything fail that I've bought overseas (wheels, cranks, shoes, chainrings, clothes, bags, tyres, helmets etc) but that's not to say some won't. Maybe I've been lucky.

So if you do think of it, I'll see what you're offering for sure and make a decision based on that. Just like I do between LBS and not-so-LBS else where in SA.

Shaper is right, to each their own......

Again, the topic of the thread was just a question.

But I am a trader, and I do have some great products, there are some really great frames and bikes that are the same quality as the famous branded ones.

To each their own....some want the brand.

Others will accept new brands.

But no fakes, or dodgy stuff. :)

Yup. I would for sure obviously it's all dependant on price, shipping and guarantee.

I get some stuff overseas, I get some stuff locally. I support spend money @ my LBS but I'm also not going to pay over inflated prices on some kit just for the pleasure when prices of stuff in UK, Aus and the rest are cheaper. Those LBS overseas are still making a profit and offering good service / product.

I also have a local mechanic that works independently of any of the cycle shops so don't just use them to clear up my mess (and even if I were they do charge very happily for it, it's never given for free). Warranty wise, I've never had anything fail that I've bought overseas (wheels, cranks, shoes, chainrings, clothes, bags, tyres, helmets etc) but that's not to say some won't. Maybe I've been lucky.

So if you do think of it, I'll see what you're offering for sure and make a decision based on that. Just like I do between LBS and not-so-LBS else where in SA.

Well balanced answer thank you

Damn, I have been buying from CRC, EVANS, Thehub, Aspire Velotech, China (recently) and my LBS.

With the shitty exchange I could do with a cheaper supply chain. Pm me a Price List.

paypal?

Do you have a website/price list? Do you sell unbranded frames or do you make them into your own 'brand' like BlackSpade?

Shaper is right, to each their own......

Again, the topic of the thread was just a question.

But I am a trader, and I do have some great products, there are some really great frames and bikes that are the same quality as the famous branded ones.

To each their own....some want the brand.

Others will accept new brands.

But no fakes, or dodgy stuff. :)

So how does one view the items you are selling?

I would! And I think the margin the LBS makes here in this country are rediculas would never pay it! Not ever! I am in retail and am dealer of a top motorcycle brand and I dream of the margins that cycle shops run at! I rate the more grey imports the better! How often is there actually a warranty on a frame?

It was a theoretical question, to gauge interest.

So far, I can take specialty orders with factory guarantees on all frames etc.

We deal mostly with shops and distributors directly.

But, by reading the forums here, I have noticed a big demand for high end parts that are hard to find in RSA.

For those kinds of things, we can talk.

But I will have to insist on a minimum order price or a group order.

Yes, we have paypal.