Camelbak/ Hydration pack options

Andy_Mills

I do most of my after-work rides with just a bottle in my **** because I dont have a need for tools and I dont go that far either.

Where exactly do you keep this bottle that the thought police edited it out... ???? :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Camelbak LOBO user here, generally fill it to 2.5l and take it on 90% of rides. I like being prepared. And it's pretty comfortable even after 4 hours.

Where exactly do you keep this bottle that the thought police edited it out... ???? :)

:lol: :lol:

at first I was like..."huh what are you on about?!?!"

then I went to go look and I left the "r" out and then the language police 'bedazzeled' the whole word.

I see Cape Union Mart have a K-Way 2L hydartion pack for R299( no space for anything else really), and then a bigger one for R399! And they'll deliver free of charge(3-5 day delivery)

Im getting one today!

Looks like that is JUST the pack itself, no bladder, bladder for the 2L is an extra R220

:lol: :lol:

at first I was like..."huh what are you on about?!?!"

then I went to go look and I left the "r" out and then the language police 'bedazzeled' the whole word.

Luckily for you they didn't vajazzel it out.... :):)

PS - I still can't figure out where you keep the bottle...

I have an older lobo, fit is ok for a small pack, space is a bit minimal. Can just fit the necessities like multi, extra layer phone and food.

I recently bought an evoc 16l pack which I'm using atm. Fit is excellent and plenty space for everything I need to take on an all day ride and weight is distributed well enough that the weight is not an issue, nice tool compartment and main compartment is plenty big to fit safety gear and extra clothing layers.

I recently bought an evoc 16l pack which I'm using atm. Fit is excellent and plenty space for everything I need

Did you buy that locally? Keen for a new pack but not sure on fit / sizes of Evoc and can only really find them online.

Deuter Crossbike 18l with 2l bladder. It's bigger than most but I'm like Mayhem. I listened when Scar sang to the hyenas.

Did you buy that locally? Keen for a new pack but not sure on fit / sizes of Evoc and can only really find them online.

Got it online from buycycle, the pack is quite long but just fits me. If you are in cape town you can pop in at the bike shed, I have seen that they keep stock, otherwise any rocky mountain dealer should have/be able to get as its same distributor.

I love my Osprey ... I used to have a CB Lobo but my Osprey (see www.ospreypacks.com - they are distributed by Adventure inc here) is a hydration system in another class. Love the easy fill mechanism. Also covered by an awesome guarantee., as is all Osprey stuff.

I love my Osprey ... I used to have a CB Lobo but my Osprey (see www.ospreypacks.com - they are distributed by Adventure inc here) is a hydration system in another class. Love the easy fill mechanism. Also covered by an awesome guarantee., as is all Osprey stuff.

Yip, agreed. Osprey make brilliant hydration packs. Also changed from a CB. Build quality is top notch. Go check out the July 2014 edition of Mountain Bike Rider where they do a hydration pack comparison. An Osprey comes out tops.

• 3 weeks later...

just actually picked up a Gelert Edge backpack from Camp n Climb in Cape Town. Exactly what I was after, 10ltr bag with 2 ltr source open top style bladder.

It comes with 3 compartments (bladder with holder, big middle section and then full length organiser at the front with pockets for phones wallets, tools, jackets stash etc), waist strap, chest strap (up and down adjustable) and vertical compression strap. The back is air flow'd and padded (though not as skeletal as the camel bak / Osprey) and the while gig comes with a lifetime guarantee.

It did take a bit of adjustment with the straps to get it to fit 100% but no more than a few minutes, water flow is great and it takes a lot of kit without feeling like it could wobble about.

I bought it on a punt because they retail @ R550 and figured if it didn't work out I'd just pass it on or use it for hikes on the mountain because of the space but I've been fully impressed on the couple of rides so far.

My only thought is that I'm not sure what the back air flow would be like in baking summer heat.

http://www.outdoormania.co.uk/images/Products/Master/6225-product507.jpg

• 1 month later...

hey guys

I started offroad riding recently and now need to get kitted out. Would be grateful for advice on the best hydration packs for 40-50km type rides?

Use water bottles. You waste money on Camelbacj. Fill up if in need of more than 2. Pretty soon you will ride 40km on half a bottle