REWARD !! - MTB Santa Cruz Tallboy (Black)

DustOrBust

REWARD - MTB Santa Cruz Tallboy

Hijacked on Tuesday 27 May on climb behind the Darras Center in Kennsington.

Carbon, Black, Size L, American Classic wheelset

Garmin Edge 810 with red silicone cover.

Please contact Patrick

083 255 3753

P.S. Attached picture is not actual bike

post-10444-0-03418700-1401279507_thumb.jpg

Edited by DustOrBust

Battered and bruised. Got a boot in the ribs, and fractured pelvis in two places from trying to make a run for it. Even MTB shoes don't have good traction on a steep downhill.

Hey patrick

Really sorry to hear about your bike,really is horrible.hope you are not to badly beat up.My concern Is I stay in bedfordview and ride through kensington daily and often up onto the ridge for hill training...any advice or tips you can give me on what the guys looked like(realise this may be a dumb Q) or how they approched you, what time of day it was? Assuming you were going up hill and so travelling at a slow speed...I will save the pic of your bike and keep an eye out,may also be worth stopping by any pawn shops etc on jules street and see if its found its way there.Hope you recover soon.And sorry once again.

sorry for your loss

hope they catch the bustards that did it and you get your bike back

all the best

Edited by nonky

Hey patrick

I stay in bedfordview and ride through kensington daily and often up onto the ridge for hill training...any advice or tips you can give me on what the guys looked like

Hey. Thanks for the message. Probably just after 05:30. Unfortunely no chance of being able to identify them. All to quick, and I avoided making eye contact. It happened on the crest of Juno Street ( steep road behind Darras Center). One guy came out from the RH side and walked as if crossing the road, when I was right by him he turned towards me and cocked his gun.

I was going slow enought to dump the bike and tried making a run for it back down the hill. There was a 2nd guy who had come out behind me. Unfortunately even with MTB shoes the traction on tar is pretty ***, and they manged to grab me.

I was about 2min ahead of my group of mates. By the time they got there it was all over.

A lot of cyclists use that route for training. I would say that it should now be considered a hot spot and should be avoided.

P.S. If you could check out some of the pawn shops it would be appreciated. Right now I'm not mobile.

Edited by DustOrBust

Sorry bud. Glad that u at least walked away.

May the thieves' crotches be infested by the fleas from a thousand camels and their fingers turn into fishing hooks.

Tweeted on @BicycleSafetySA to make our fellow cyclists aware and to be on the lookout for your bike.

Hope you get back on the bike soon. All the best.

Hey. Thanks for the message. Probably just after 05:30. Unfortunely no chance of being able to identify them. All to quick, and I avoided making eye contact. It happened on the crest of Juno Street ( steep road behind Darras Center). One guy came out from the RH side and walked as if crossing the road, when I was right by him he turned towards me and cocked his gun.

I was going slow enought to dump the bike and tried making a run for it back down the hill. There was a 2nd guy who had come out behind me. Unfortunately even with MTB shoes the traction on tar is pretty ***, and they manged to grab me.

I was about 2min ahead of my group of mates. By the time they got there it was all over.

A lot of cyclists use that route for training. I would say that it should now be considered a hot spot and should be avoided end.

P.S. If you could check out some of the pawn shops it would be appreciated. Right now I'm not mobile.

As accustomed as a lot of us have become to it...still cannot believe that after leaving your bike(assumed target) that they are so hell beant on physical violence aswell...will avoid that hill and stick to busy roads as I usually do...hope your bike was insured...and I can't promise anything but if I happen to be in the area with time on my hands ill have a look.