Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

11 hours ago, Hairy said:

So after riding Guzzi, I just do not understand why motorbikes do not come with autocancelling indicators ........ it is such a simple thing, but really why oh why do you make the rider have to cancel the indicator after turning.

If I may add to this, I wish my bike's brake light would go on when I roll of the throttle (the newer bikes probably has the feature).

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

If I may add to this, I wish my bike's brake light would go on when I roll of the throttle (the newer bikes probably has the feature).

does your bike have aggressive engine braking?

the Guzzi was far more aggressive than my HD ... and my HD engine is very nearly twice that of the Guzzi.

15 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Also not sure if this is availabe locally, but it is a diff look

Royal Enfield Scram 411 vs Royal Enfield Himalayan: Which one to buy? -  BikeWale

Royal Enfield Himalayan Scram 411 At Showroom - First Look Walkaround

Royal Enfield Scram

The himalayan is cool and all ... but not for the riding I want/do do ... I want to sometimes travel at a speed that is over the legal speed limit .... allegedly 

15 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Have you tried a suzuki vstrom yet?

That is like asking me if I want to buy a Raleigh with 3 x 9spd deore groupo

13 minutes ago, Hairy said:

the Guzzi was far more aggressive than my HD ... and my HD engine is very nearly twice that of the Guzzi.

Yes, my G650X has fairly aggressive engine braking and I prefer it a lot.

3 hours ago, Hairy said:

That is like asking me if I want to buy a Raleigh with 3 x 9spd deore groupo

Not quite, it has those speedy and cornering characteristics seeing as its based as a sports tourer.

18 hours ago, Hairy said:

What’s the guzzi price in za? 

9 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

What’s the guzzi price in za? 

260K, but the one to get is 280K
image.png.e45ded4cf8812e6f5ce5676e497625ac.png

BUT

You can get a Tenere 700 for 200K .... so there is that.

image.png.45ba44c060c4eca0df08928c5404e7b9.png

image.png.0a798316da750337fad68b37803a825a.png

It is neither here nor there for me right now as I am just doing my homework, and I really like my Fat Bob...actually met a guy today who was also on a custom sprayed 2008 FB .. had a good chat

2 hours ago, sawystertrance said:

Hairy, Have you thought of or looked at Triumph? Perhaps the Tiger 900 is your kind of thing. Good both on  and off road and boy, that sound.

On my list of bikes to ride, and the CT branch has got really awesome sales staff .... they also have a rocket I can test out #LifeGoals 

The one sales lady that is there used to be at HD, and we had a good chat. Her tech knowledge and experience seems rather impressive, and she comes across really well with respect to her enthusiasm for bikes and riding.....so an asset to the dealership

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

On my list of bikes to ride, and the CT branch has got really awesome sales staff .... they also have a rocket I can test out #LifeGoals 

The one sales lady that is there used to be at HD, and we had a good chat. Her tech knowledge and experience seems rather impressive, and she comes across really well with respect to her enthusiasm for bikes and riding.....so an asset to the dealership

Take that Rocket for a ride even if you do not intend buying it. I had a demo model way back in 2005. The memory lasted and finally I have managed to own one.

10 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

Take that Rocket for a ride even if you do not intend buying it. I had a demo model way back in 2005. The memory lasted and finally I have managed to own one.

I have sat on a few already and they certainly have my interest in a big way ..... the ones I sat on were red, so they are clearly faster than the std rockets too

19 hours ago, Hairy said:

260K, but the one to get is 280K
image.png.e45ded4cf8812e6f5ce5676e497625ac.png

BUT

You can get a Tenere 700 for 200K .... so there is that.

image.png.45ba44c060c4eca0df08928c5404e7b9.png

image.png.0a798316da750337fad68b37803a825a.png

It is neither here nor there for me right now as I am just doing my homework, and I really like my Fat Bob...actually met a guy today who was also on a custom sprayed 2008 FB .. had a good chat

The V85TT can be had for around 10 grand here and around 11 with luggage. Some deals to be had and discounts offered. Not to many around. 

the aprillia 660 is around 10 500. No discounts as I believe they selling more than they can bring in. The tenere is around 9500 and I reckon the best bang for buck adventure bike out there. 

the new desert fox will be 14 grand for the base model, I expect long waiting lists.