Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Anyone up in Centurion that also rides solo most of the time and looking for a friend to ride with?

I mostly ride out to Harties and back via satellite road and through the cradle. 

Nothing fancy in the garage and I’m not a speed demon with an insta360 on the tail. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I joined the Riders Table for the first time this morning, with my eldest on the back of the bike.

Slightly windy, but what an awesome ride.

Trekked out via the Durbanville (Where the pack I was with took a wrong turn and we ended up including the gravel stretch on Adderley Street) roads past Philadelphia, through Atlantis to Silverstroom where the big Monster truck was waiting with free drinks and Devil's Peak Beer Co. was handing out free 0% beers, with a loop back to Stoos Customs via the West Coast Road for a bit of food and music.

What an interesting mix of bikes and riders, and a real pleasure to have joined in on.

They do this once a month, and I am certainly going to give it a spin again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxDCWDAs8bz/?img_index=1

EDIT: our final loop from home and back = 155km, so not far, and not short.

Edited by Hairy

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

So I joined the Riders Table for the first time this morning, with my eldest on the back of the bike.

Trekked out via the Durbanville (Where the pack I was with took a wrong turn and we ended up including the gravel stretch on Adderley Street) roads past Philadelphia, through Atlantis to Silverstroom where the big Monster truck was waiting with free drinks and Devil's Peak Beer Co. was handing out free 0% beers, with a loop back to Stoos Customs via the West Coast Road for a bit of food and music.

What an interesting mix of bikes and riders, and a real pleasure to have joined in on.

Oo this Triumph 

Screenshot_20230923_172005_Instagram.jpg

First weekend since Feb that I’m not working or studying, and what better way to celebrate than with a ride.

Headed west, with no real plan in mind.

Lots of corrugation, loose gravel most of the way.

The transvaal can do with rain.

150kms in 2 Hours, just what I needed.

Next week Friday needs to roll on quickly. I can not wait any longer.

IMG_0219.jpeg

IMG_0218.jpeg

Edited by RocknRolla

On 9/23/2023 at 3:42 PM, Hairy said:

Some PITCHAS from the organisers

credit to the photographer:

@candice.in.africa

and those that made the ride possible:
@riderstable
@bmwmotorrad
@thehouseofmachines_cpt
@stooscustoms
@frankiefennermeatmerchants
@jasonbakerycpt
@justlikepapa

SEPTEMBER_2023_RIDERS_TABLE_STOOS_SELECTS-230923-230923-51.jpg

SEPTEMBER_2023_RIDERS_TABLE_STOOS_SELECTS-230923-230923-86.jpg

SEPTEMBER_2023_RIDERS_TABLE_STOOS_SELECTS-230923-230923-87.jpg

SEPTEMBER_2023_RIDERS_TABLE_STOOS_SELECTS-230923-230923-88.jpg

SEPTEMBER_2023_RIDERS_TABLE_STOOS_SELECTS-230923-230923-89.jpg

SEPTEMBER_2023_RIDERS_TABLE_STOOS_SELECTS-230923-230923-129.jpg

SEPTEMBER_2023_RIDERS_TABLE_STOOS_SELECTS-230923-230923-137.jpg

Edited by Hairy
Tag and pic credit added

Went to the ace last night to meet a mate from cape town and a mate who lives in Oxford. Sweet night. 

on leaving I realised I had a flat wheel. Feck. Some guy had plugs and another a compressor so after pumping it went to a close garage and put in tyre weld too. Rode about 5 kms and stopped at another garage and realised I would need a recovery truck. Phoned my insurance at around 11. The driver was there about 1. Got home just after 2. 

is what it is, good experience at the end of it. First time I have needed recovery in decades so one has to look at it philosophically. What does hurt is the tyre only has 1700 miles on it and now needs to be replaced. That sucks. 

but the ace, was Lekker. 

IMG_8636.jpeg

IMG_8638.jpeg

IMG_8640.jpeg

Edited by IceCreamMan

On 9/23/2023 at 5:20 PM, WaynejG said:

Oo this Triumph 

Screenshot_20230923_172005_Instagram.jpg

I swung around here on Saturday looking for a set of mirrors.

They took me for a tour of their workshop, some flipping awesome builds in the lift (Think carbon wheels, custom parts, etc). This workshop is visible from the entrance ... then they took me around the corner.

What's around the corner you ask, well it is a candy store of machines.

Lathes, English Wheels (Yes they custom form fenders and body work "stuff") AND a flipping massive CNC machine that spits out custom tripple trees (Like custom ones they showed being fitted on a Triumph with new Ohlin's USD suspension) light mounts, risers, etc.

What an awesome company doing some high end work on bikes. 

Left really impressed.

My trip to the cape was even more epic than I anticipated. I had a LC1200GS ADV  to my disposal. Only had about 22k kms on the clock ( so brand new). This thing almost ripped the arms out of my sockets, the power delivery is insane. 
Rode 1180kms in 3 days ( first day was only 150kms) 

Some photos to speak thousands of words.

IMG_0312.jpeg

IMG_0261.jpeg

IMG_0268.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_0288.jpeg

IMG_0291.jpeg

IMG_0308.jpeg

I got to ride the 11fiddy gs as well, my mate recently spent a substantial amount to get his running right. 
I can understand the hype around these classics. Holds its own to the modern versions, and for me rides better in some sense. More connected, other than abs, no rider aids. Comfortable for earing up off tarmac kms

I am starting to look around for an adventure bike for the occasional longer trip, weekend ride to Harties and general around town use.

Been looking at used KTM 1090/Triumph Tiger 1200/GS 1200/Super Tenere, does anyone have input of benefits/drawback other suggestions?

I am only 5.8" so been able to touch the ground is an important consideration

Going on my first proper bike rally here. Been for a day before and it was boring Af so left. This one going with a few maats from the east rand, ZA so we make our own fun I guess.  Bike rallies here ain’t the raucous and out of hand affairs like ZA. No sir, here they are far more genteel and no “wys jou muis” will be heard anywhere close to the camp site…that kind of talk is for the council estates. Here, it’s more of a tea and crumpet do than burnouts and doughnuts. But somehow, looking forward to it and the weather promises to be good. 25 degrees or so. Unheard of for October.  

last rally where I overnighted was the rhino in 2016… long time ago now. 

https://www.barrelbikers.co.uk/?page_id=42

4 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Saw one of these on the weekend. Looks pretty cool in a retro way.  ( an no it was not upside down)

IMG_8643.jpeg

IMG_8644.jpeg

Saw one the other day (Right side up) and it is a good looking bike.

Years ago a mate of mine had a Lancia Beta - It gave him endless ****, but he loved it and he used to tell me how when he drove past a shop window or parked it outside a club he would always look back and think what a great looking car it was.  I thought he was a bit biased but I find myself looking back at the TRX more often than not and thinking wow, that's a great looking bike....

20231006_080140.jpg

2 minutes ago, Andymann said:

Years ago a mate of mine had a Lancia Beta - It gave him endless ****, but he loved it and he used to tell me how when he drove past a shop window or parked it outside a club he would always look back and think what a great looking car it was.  I thought he was a bit biased but I find myself looking back at the TRX more often than not and thinking wow, that's a great looking bike....

20231006_080140.jpg

I do the same with my Rocket. Forever looking to take arty farty pictures of the bike.