Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

15 hours ago, Spokey said:

Thank you, yes a CBX would be great……….It might not be difficult to get the Missus into that, she does like them! Prices rising though……

I know of one here in Gauteng if you are serious - it's a later model Prolink one but dressed up to look like the earlier ones.  It is absolutely beautiful - the guy is a perfectionist.  Has a 6 into 6 as well....

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/11/2024 at 8:28 AM, IceCreamMan said:

Chopper mk1 goes for long cash here. 

I looked at that bike and instinctively clamped my legs together as the memory of me crushing my nuts on the gear lever back in '78 is still very fresh in my mind

2 hours ago, Andymann said:

I looked at that bike and instinctively clamped my legs together as the memory of me crushing my nuts on the gear lever back in '78 is still very fresh in my mind

'78 .... the year I was born.

Going to have to call you uncle Andy from now on

13 minutes ago, Hairy said:

'78 .... the year I was born.

Going to have to call you uncle Andy from now on

lol - I'm old enough to remember that with the Chopper there was also a Chipper - a small Chopper for kids.  And a Mean Machine from Western Flyer

And then Raleigh Bombers which I guess were the first MTB's and the Black and Gold Challengers (or Dikwiels) which I suppose are Gravel bikes now....

9 hours ago, Andymann said:

I know of one here in Gauteng if you are serious - it's a later model Prolink one but dressed up to look like the earlier ones.  It is absolutely beautiful - the guy is a perfectionist.  Has a 6 into 6 as well....

Thanks, sounds awesome. For now there is no room. I need to reorganise and reevaluate what I would like out of my bikes. I am keen to pick  up some XR/XL 600/650 while the prices are almost reasonable. I fancy an Africa Twin, the old 750 and perhaps KTM 950/990…………. Road bikes, the CBX or  a CB1100 RC or RD  but I think that dream is gone. Prices far too salty for me. Anyways, in the meantime I will look after these old things and try and keep them all happy….ha ha!

12 hours ago, WaynejG said:

I will just leave this here.Screenshot_20240412_162034_Facebook.jpg.d06a5fb86fbb80edeb645ef5b74ba834.jpg

I could always design you a larger bike room / shed .............. #DontGiveUpOnTheDream!

Was out on my Propel this morning and popped in at Rykas as I knew Ducati were having a demo day but thought I would be much too early for it. Well, I wasn’t. Ducati have a mobile home kinda structure that they use for these demo days. Must cost a wee bit to set it all up. 

this 698 is a gem. Will do a proper test ride sometime. In the interim I can play lotto

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Edited by IceCreamMan

On 4/12/2024 at 2:21 PM, WaynejG said:

I will just leave this here.Screenshot_20240412_162034_Facebook.jpg.d06a5fb86fbb80edeb645ef5b74ba834.jpg

Jeepers, this is a thing of beauty……..must sound absolutely awesome with those pipes!

My December 1994 FZR 1000 Genesis EXUP has returned from a mild refurb……..though not entirely mild in price. Anyways,IMG_0966.png.d7a4a762f60ddcf34aee0c26826274fb.pngIMG_0967.jpeg.ac97937417d5893dc46b5e36a9e1b307.jpegIMG_0968.jpeg.bbcff05edb03daf48c89077465cf4def.jpeg 127000 kms on the machine, 119000 added by me over the years. I have owned her for 24 years now.  Still rides like a dream, is fast as I require!

I went to the "Things of Beauty" show in Stellies this morning, and as part of the Harley Haven SA group ... we must have been at least 60 bikes, and I should have taken more pics.

Some great bikes around and a good many awesome cars ... overall a rather good event..

image.jpeg.3bec6ff380a58a5bd03ca7185c4c662f.jpeg

THINGS OF BEAUTY - Coffee & Cars

WSBK race today was like the heydays of super bike racing. What a race. Watch it if you can.