[Event] MTN National MTB Series #7 Hilton Driven By Nissan

WesselvdWalt

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes.. eina...

pedalling all the time and that last hill/wall was a brute! id love to know how many people actually rode it. seemed more trouble than it was worth!

How did everyone find moving the cows? Came through one field and the cows were all on the path. Luckily I grew up on a farm so I wasn't toto worried as they didn't half calves. Just kept going saying 'come on girls, move move'. 2 guys came past soon after and thanked me :)

Great route, was a proper tester. Seemed tougher than last year. Pity the numbers were so poor, 98 finishers in the marathon vs over 200 last year. Not sure why, it is proper mountain biking. Well done on a great event

I bailed at 37km with problematic tyre. No sealant (schoolboy error) and faulty valve on tube. If the rider that left 2x tyre levers with me is reading his please pm me I would like to return. Gettng RR off and on ArchEx isn't easy. Couldn't find you at the finish.

Didn't think the route was that great. Sections of mowed grass, tar road and hardly any ST. Considering the surrounds I'm sure one can do better.

Very poor attendance, wonder why?

Edited by jcza

Very poor attendance, wonder why?

The locals have a busy calender via ROAG, perhaps that has something to do with it.

Some reasons

1. Paying R50 for a number board you dont need (surprise at registration)

2. Rough mowed grass

3. Water table abandoned at 67km mark

4. As stated before, ignoring ROAG

5. Agreed, with all the great riding available I feel there could have been better sections

But in saying all that, was indeed a proper hard ride and well pleased to finish.

yes.. eina...

pedalling all the time and that last hill/wall was a brute! id love to know how many people actually rode it. seemed more trouble than it was worth!

Haha.. it's a race you should pedal ;)

I was there for a while and saw many people who rode it.

Great route, was a proper tester. Seemed tougher than last year. Pity the numbers were so poor, 98 finishers in the marathon vs over 200 last year. Not sure why, it is proper mountain biking. Well done on a great event

We need to get more ppl to this event otherwise we'll need to drop it going forward, and then we won't have KZN represented... It's a good race, great route, real tuff mountain biking!

We need to get more ppl to this event otherwise we'll need to drop it going forward, and then we won't have KZN represented... It's a good race, great route, real tuff mountain biking!

A week before Rainbow Challenge didn't help to attract the JHB riders. A Trip, twice in a week to Hilton/PMB is not a cheap experience.