Category: MTB

Terrain: Plantations | Escarpment | Sugar Cane Farms | Game Farms

Elevation: 1122m |

Ascent: 2600m (ultra) 1650m (75km)

Participants: 1200+

Features: Single tracks | Dams | Forests | Rifts | Stunning Views

Registration: Sat 21 June, 16h00-19h00 | Sun 22nd June, 06h30 - 09h00

Entries Close: Wednesday 19 June 2014 06:00

One of KZN's favourite races plays host to SA's top riders fighting it out for honours in the MTN National Marathon Series once again. Variety is the name of the game with spectacular views over the Albert-Falls Dam and the Umgeni Valley.

The Spectacular Hilton College serves as the Start/ Finish venue, offering huge trees with open grass for spectators to relax under while waiting for their winners to race through the finish. For riders there are hot and cold showers at the Sports Centre and medals for finishers.

Mountain bikers can look forward to an unforgettable mountain bike experience in true South African style. With a magical balance of flowing hand carved single track, natural track and duel track that flows through the plantations and indigenous forests, the race has everything and more! Rewarding downhill sections and breathtaking views, bring the family and enjoy a fabulous day out!

Go to Event Page

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Have entered the 75km, nice solid day out and the route looks pretty good. Will get to ride areas that normally aren't open and some pretty big climbing.

I see the entry numbers are quite low, and the only reason I can think as to why is the lack of ROAG advertising. There are 1000's of MTB'rs in KZN and the races here are very well supported in general, but people here only use the ROAG system and I think the numbers would have been much better if their mailing list/system was used.

Just a thought, because the race is in a great location and Im sure more people would do it.

I rode this race last year. The numbers were appalling low. I thought it strange as well considering how many people ride MTB there. Hopefully it'll get better this year, but not much by the sounds of it.

Have entered the 75km, nice solid day out and the route looks pretty good. Will get to ride areas that normally aren't open and some pretty big climbing.

I see the entry numbers are quite low, and the only reason I can think as to why is the lack of ROAG advertising. There are 1000's of MTB'rs in KZN and the races here are very well supported in general, but people here only use the ROAG system and I think the numbers would have been much better if their mailing list/system was used.

Just a thought, because the race is in a great location and Im sure more people would do it.

Tell your friends to come! :)

Unfortunately with ROAG you must use all their services or nothing...

Only with your support can this event become a success! :thumbup:

Invite friends to the FB event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/772527956120983