Cycle Ops Fluid 2 or Tacx iFlow

Have an option of either a Cycle Ops Fluid 2 or Tacx iFlow indoor trainers - which one do you think is the better buy

Both are new, and both very similar priced

Thanks

Like comparing apples to oranges I think. They are both very good trainers, depends what you want from a trainer. The Cycle Ops Fluid has no bells and whistles but gives you a very realistic riding experience with a progressive power curve, whereas the Tacx Iflow is a virtual reality trainer with all kinds of features like racing against others via a server for e.g. The fluid should cost about R4500 and the iflow about R9000.

I don't want to spend more than an hour on a trainer so I bought the jetfluid pro and use it for interval training. It gives you a serious workout.

Although I do not own one of the two I have done some homework the last week or so …. The Tacx seems to be a good trainer, however from various forums they have software issues and the software requires a serious pc to run the software smoothly. There are also many comments on the integration of the software to other app’s like Strava. If you want to have more training features you have to buy additional licenses.

The Fluid 2 is only a trainer with a progressive power curve while the PowerBeam Pro (Cycleops) will compare more with the iFlow. Both have a virtual reality trainer function and you have a monthly subscription on the Cycleops software.

At first I was also looking at the Tacx trainer but now I’m leaning towards the PowerBeam Pro. If you going to spent the money do it once and be happy.

I’m sure some Hubbers who owns these trainers will be able to assist more accurately.

Although I do not own one of the two I have done some homework the last week or so …. The Tacx seems to be a good trainer, however from various forums they have software issues and the software requires a serious pc to run the software smoothly. There are also many comments on the integration of the software to other app’s like Strava. If you want to have more training features you have to buy additional licenses.

The Fluid 2 is only a trainer with a progressive power curve while the PowerBeam Pro (Cycleops) will compare more with the iFlow. Both have a virtual reality trainer function and you have a monthly subscription on the Cycleops software.

At first I was also looking at the Tacx trainer but now I’m leaning towards the PowerBeam Pro. If you going to spent the money do it once and be happy.

I’m sure some Hubbers who owns these trainers will be able to assist more accurately.

Get the bluetooth version if you mainly use tablet or phone as headunit or tablet as hardware platform for Virtual trainer.

You can't go wrong with the powerbeam pro.

Get the bluetooth version if you mainly use tablet or phone as headunit or tablet as hardware platform for Virtual trainer.

You can't go wrong with the powerbeam pro.

New samsung products accept ant+ BTW...