Rigid forks....whats the best brand?

tunariaan

Just a quick note to let you guys know what i think.

At the time when my Niner was built i couldnt get a Niner rigid so i went for a Rapide rigid,

i end up riding it for 7 months including one or 2 races like Tankwa, i did a lot of climbing, technical downhills ect with it and really liked it.

i just wanted a Niner fork for the looks, so after i got one 2 weeks ago, i realized it nothing better than the Rapide, they are both great fork and both can take punishment.

I only ride the Niner now because it looks better on my bike, if you ever wonder about the Rapide fork the are great and great value for money

Weight are also just about the same.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Karma

At the time when my Niner was built i couldnt get a Niner rigid so i went for a Rapide rigid,

i end up riding it for 7 months including one or 2 races like Tankwa, i did a lot of climbing, technical downhills ect with it and really liked it.

i just wanted a Niner fork for the looks, so after i got one 2 weeks ago, i realized it nothing better than the Rapide, they are both great fork and both can take punishment.

I only ride the Niner now because it looks better on my bike, if you ever wonder about the Rapide fork the are great and great value for money

Have whisky no 7 at the moment....the niner that i did own pipped it ito finish and comfort if i have to be honest with myself.

Thats what i wanted to hear....

the next thing i want to hear, is when Kiwi's stock will arrive...time to SS weekend at boven is running out.

I can almost count on two hands the amount of rigid forks I have owned, to date the Ninet trumps everything.

I have the new Ritchey WCS on my P29 now and I can't wait to try it, it better be damn good to be as good or better than the Niner fork.

Have Bogus spray the Rapide to look like the Niner...problem sorted :ph34r:

And there I was thinking a rigid is a rigid . Fitted my bike with the On-One fork I got with the build kit . Done the Old Monster race and a few others and up and down Klapperkop once a week . IT hasn't broken or cracked and I assumed that it's a good fork . But it seems there are more to these things ? So lets assume I want to replace mine with a "better "fork what should I look for ?

Have whisky no 7 at the moment....the niner that i did own pipped it ito finish and comfort if i have to be honest with myself.

That no.9!!!! :drool: :w00t:

Have Bogus spray the Rapide to look like the Niner...problem sorted :ph34r:

OMG!!! where'd your avatar go?!?!

And there I was thinking a rigid is a rigid . Fitted my bike with the On-One fork I got with the build kit . Done the Old Monster race and a few others and up and down Klapperkop once a week . IT hasn't broken or cracked and I assumed that it's a good fork . But it seems there are more to these things ? So lets assume I want to replace mine with a "better "fork what should I look for ?

So carbon is lekker(niner, rapide and whisky) because they are light...500-600g light...now this is nice cause it makes the front nimble and easy to maneuver around..rocks / steps / roots...you just lift the front over it. It also helps when you climbing ruted and loose terrain because you can literately pick the front end up without too much effort for the best line...and we know on some loose climbs on a singlespeed its important to keep momentum.

looking good is also a factor, but that is in the eye of the beholder....so ja

Then sweep...imo this is where the niner pips the rest...it has the perfect sweep for comfort / aggressiveness. The fork won't hurt you but it doesn't feel oompa loompa

That no.9!!!! :drool: :w00t:

I know, they are sweet looking things....the no7 is the same just QR instead of thru axle