Critérium du Dauphiné 2014

Joe!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yury Trofimov (Katuhsa) wins stage 4 of the Criterium du Dauphine. Such is his joy that he doesn't even zip up his jersey as he crosses the line. It's the second Dauphine stage win of his career.

Gustav Larsson (IAM Cycling) beats Pim Ligthart (Lotto Belisol) in the sprint for second place, 25 seconds down. The other survivors of the break, including Maxime Bouet, cross the line just afterwards.

Hesjedal, van Garderen and Bardet cross the line 1:31 down on Trofimov. They'll have pegged back a bit of time on the yellow jersey.

Froome, of course, retains the overall lead, 12 seconds clear of Alberto Contador.

Early finish today

6 categorised climbs today, although nothing bigger than a Cat 2. Doubt it'll be a day of fireworks from the GC contenders. Perhaps a day for the break.

Many riders have marked today as the obvious day for a breakaway. With over 100 riders now over 10 minutes down on GC riders there are a lot of riders with a ticket to ride but only one winner awaits in La Mure.

After 104KM the 17 man breakaway has 3 min lead,

DE CLERCQ B, ATAPUMA HURTADO J, HUZARSKI B, SILIN E, BAKELANTS J, CARUSO D, GAUTIER C, CHEREL M, LE MEVEL C, DENIFL S, VICHOT A, SPILAK S, VOIGT J, KADRI B, IMPEY D, DE MARCHI A, DEVENYNS D.

Edited by ScottC-M

http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/CDD/2014/500/PROFIL.png

I'm hoping for a Nibali attack down the final descent

GO NIBS

About the only place it looks like he can attack...

Edit - Nibali, that is.

Edited by G-Unit