Critérium du Dauphiné 2014

Joe!

13:31:03 CEST

The three breakaway riders are toiling under the sun, with temperatures above 30C, and the hilly roads making it had going. The riders covered 35.7km/h in the second hour of racing.

Sigh temps over 30.. bliss

Edited by Gen

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A fast and flat finish, today’s stage says bunch sprint in every language. But the race has a shortage of sprinters and sprint trains. Could Chris Froome go for a third stage win in a row? Just joking.

That just reminded me of when Wiggins taking that bunch sprint in Romandie back in 2012. Would be funny. TT/ summit and then knock off a quick gallop for the line.

Race update:

Theres 3 guys up the road.

Once they hit the flat final 40km they will probably be caught and we will have a bunch sprint.

Is this in general or ref to asthma. . Cause I have a son with asthma and when he needs his inhaler it's not to compete against others but to actually be able to breath.

Your son needs it to function as normal human being, not to be able to compete against his peers. There is a difference.

Your son needs it to function as normal human being, not to be able to compete against his peers. There is a difference.

Sharp.. I just wanted to know what you where referring to. But I can see how 'asthma' could be abused to get extra help..

Okay.. back to the race

Its pointless having a reasonable debate with a moron

I def know, not referring to me, have enough degrees. when one cannot debate about the laws of physics and how it relates to the human body and its capabilities, name calling is the easier route. Their are numerous intellectuals on the hub.. you agree and also disagree, fact and opinion. labelling & banter is rather cheap

14:17:13 CEST

This stage is considered one for the sprinters but every rider will have to handle the constant climbing and heat today.

The break covered the third hour of the stage at an average of 28.8km/h. That's a clear indication on how it is out there today.

I def know, not referring to me, have enough degrees. when one cannot debate about the laws of physics and how it relates to the human body and its capabilities, name calling is the easier route. Their are numerous intellectuals on the hub.. you agree and also disagree, fact and opinion. labelling & banter is rather cheap

Not referring to you. However, is an athlete inferior because of a condition and requires medication to allow their natural ability to be available?

Because that's all an inhaler offers. It opens the bronchial tracts so that the athlete can breathe. It does not increase lung capacity nor does it offer additional uptake of oxygen, hence these are not banned. They are mild muscle relaxants.

The question of whether someone should participate in sport if they have a condition is however not a very good question. Most doctors will insist on an exercise regime and sport for most lung ailment suffers. When I was a bad asthmatic my paed insisted I take up swimming. Its was the best thing I could have done. Today I only occasionally suffer from asthma or EIA. Last time I had an issue was day 3 of Sabie Experience at about 2000m above sea level. Lack of fitness, thin air, extreme temperature swing....bam.

If I was fit it would likely not have occurred

The three breakaway riders are working well together but peloton is refusing to let them open a big gap. The time difference is 2:50 now.

Mod Note: Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Warnings have been issued and posts removed. Anyone continuing the spat will also receive a warning.

Lets keep this on topic.

Two FDJ.fr riders continue to set the pace at the head of the peloton, with Team Sky lined out behind them, followed by Tinkoff-Saxo, protecting Alberto Contador.

The roads are twisting up and down the hills of the Ardeche region, offering some moments of shade but rarely a section of flat road.

Two FDJ.fr riders continue to set the pace at the head of the peloton, with Team Sky lined out behind them, followed by Tinkoff-Saxo, protecting Alberto Contador.

:thumbup: vasbyt bertie!