Momsen warranty experience ?

Schoemie

Has anybody had experience with warranty claims for frames etc from them? How was the experience and time frame?

Looking at Vipa,but warranty concerns me if it cracks etc compared to the other well known brands.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody had experience with warranty claims for frames etc from them? How was the experience and time frame?

Looking at Vipa,but warranty concerns me if it cracks etc compared to the other well known brands.

Seems they have never broken

Edited by Schoemie

• 1 year later...

I will let you know I had to submit one today on a SL929 frame - 2 cracks , one on the seatpost and one on the chainstay

• 2 weeks later...

They dont have the SL929 frame so my options were - fix the frame 

Upgrade to a 2015 Momsen Vipa XT and pay in the difference

Two friends' Momsen frames cracked in the first year, neither were warrantied. Perhaps service differs in other areas, but both were given BS reasons, like "it cracked because you clamped the frame on the seat tube in a repair stand , but had no post in the seat tube" when the seat posts were never removed by them, and they dont have clamp repair stands at home. Funny that both frames cracked in the same place, but came from different shops, and the gentlemen do not know one another.

If wou want, send me a PM, and I can put you in touch with them directly, before you decide.

Edited by Christie

Mine was also seat post and the chain stay 

I decided to upgrade since I need a bike when I am going on holiday first week of Dec so no time to mess around now 

This is the only 3 weeks of the year I can ride every day so I need to get a bike back before I go , but once I have a bad experience I wont buy that brand ever again - that is all I can do  

Well that and share my experience so that when others investigate they know where to go /not to go 

give credit where its due - they have accommodated me in some other way today as a show of goodwill so good come back for them on this - always appreciate it when a supplier show some goodwill to there customers

give credit where its due - they have accommodated me in some other way today as a show of goodwill so good come back for them on this - always appreciate it when a supplier show some goodwill to there customers

Ok, so what did they do if I may ask?

I could not get the VIPA team Frame 2015 so I had to settle for the 2015 vipa XT frame but I run a 1x set up so they added the VIPA 1x chainstay for free so I can add that to the frame and run a 1x setup 

• 1 month later...