David George

Super

The point I was making, Carbon Freak, was that DG can also ride and finish with the world's top riders at events other than Commonwealth Games and Tour de Langkawi.

Worth noting is that the winning break in 2006 went with 500m to go and the winning break in 2007 went with 9km to go. On a good day, it could be a South African in that break, but if a South African is not in the lead pack when that move goes...

Get with what programme?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

Was Hunter that spat in Davids face after David rode away from him.

This is the problem with second hand Info.WinkWinkWinkWink

David spat at Hunter. Saw it with my own eyes. Although Hunter pulled him by the helmet and slapped him on the back before he spat.

Nope.

David spat at Hunter. Saw it with my own eyes. Although Hunter pulled him by the helmet and slapped him on the back before he spat.

Well then they both deserve to get a fine. I only know of Robert Spitting on David. If David did spit on Robert then he deserves a Klap.

Finishing with the world?s best pro?s sure he gets a pat on the back for that.

Getting a result against them is the point I am trying make. If one is a seasonal pro and one sits in all day long (like DG would at WC) it is very possible to finish with the bunch, however if you race balls to the walls it?s a total different story.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Spoke to him last night and he said there is no chance of winning now. MTN missed the big move on day one and he was isolated by BW. I put money on it thought that he wins the Hillclimb tomorrow' date=' easily.
[/quote']MTN did not miss the move, on day one....they were shelled on day one on the flats outside Bains...if you do not mind me being pedantic?

:)

Nope.

Thanks for clearing that, can't think of Robbie do a thing like this...Wink

Nope.

Thanks for clearing that' date=' can't think of Robbie do a thing like this...Wink
[/quote']

Phen I am not sure that is 100% correct...

I have been told by 2 of the managers that it was other way round. I also got told the same story by the Comm that reported the matter.

What probably happened was the one spat, then the other retaliated.

Either way non of them should be carrying on like this at the Giro. Both Robert and David need to sort their sh*t out. Both Carrying to much baggage if you ask me.Smile

history repeats itself. when they retire one will open a bike shop in Jhb and the other one a bike shop in CT and then they'll brag about how much stock they carry and talk k*k about each other.

My money is certainly not on DG for the hillclimb. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

He is a good rider allright' date=' but there is loads of ?good riders? like him.

RH is the only guy that has prodused a massive result (TDF stage win and Tour of Spain stage win) amongst all the top riders in the world. Commonwealth Games medals get some credit but the Euro?s are not there? and malaysia is at the beginning of the season when all the Europeans are still coming out of winter training.

[/quote']

Sooooo....who was your money on?Embarrassed

David rode his shorts off to save his ass from the wrath of Douglas Ryder. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

on second thoughts?..

The Barlow's knew they had it in the bag; no rider was going to put in a super human effort and waist unnecessary energy before tomorrow?s South-African World Champs.

Guest colonel

Ya thats it they all cruised up cause they were saving themsleves........BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA

How does Humble Pie taste, carbonfreak? Wink

Seriously, though, you're partially correct. Hunter definitely cruised the TT today. Losing 2min17 to the George on a 5.5km uphill isn't a true reflection of his ability. Interestingly, last year he was 1:25 down on George in the TT. Can he be the first rider to defend the Cycle Tour title since, well I don't know, probably Willie Engelbrecht back in 1990?

Sean Badenhorst2008-03-08 11:31:09

PS: looks like DG should have insisted on having Mannie as his domestique - shades of Bolts grafting for Ullrich in the heat - serious respect for Mannie - what an example to the younger riders

mannie's a legend - how old is he now?.....MTB'ers are tough.

Oh yeah!

David rode his shorts off to save his ass from the wrath of Douglas Ryder. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

on second thoughts?..

The Barlow's knew they had it in the bag; no rider was going to put in a super human effort and waist unnecessary energy before tomorrow?s South-African World Champs.

Bullsh*t !!!!!!!!!!!

If Robert Could have beaten David he would have. Please dont kid yourself. Just like David will never beat Hunter in a sprint, Robert has no chance against David on this Time trial.

Give credit where credit is due. Nobody can beat David on this climb. I spoke to David after the TT and he also said he was not maxed either.

All this crap is unnecessary. They both great riders. Hunter is Top class in the sprints and David the same in the TT and on the climbs. Barloworld might as well have given David their kit to race in. Wherever he was there were 6 Barloworld riders around him, well those that could keep up anyway !!!!!