David George

Super

good sprinters do it in the last 150 - 200 metres. RH is still trying to perfect his timing' date=' he , imho, has always gone to soon.

[/quote']

Wonder what Claudia has to say about thatLOL

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Test david george for banned substances......

They did' date=' 3 times at the Giro.Wink
[/quote']

o ok, maar net nou die dag is daar gese SA het nie die fondse om enige sulke toetse te doen..very contradictary....

Weet nie waar hulle dit ges? het nie, maar SA het wel die geld - Hulle toets dan selfs die tandems by party races, haha. LOL

Not sure of the relevance of Hunter not being able to get away from Rasmussen has to do with sprinting ability? 

Especially seeing it was an attack during the course of a breakaway? Uphill no less?

Hunter and Rasmussen had both dropped off the end of the break (both times) and Hunter tried to sprint away from Rasmussen but Rasmussen got back on his wheel each time.

I think Rasmussen had a problem with the fact that Hunter was sitting on the back of the break, not doing any work, but anyone with more details on this - please let us know.

Looked flat to me (was still on the first loop before they got back to Stellenbosch for the Helshoogte laps).

Any way if any of you get a chance to watch the coverage - do, that was interesting racing/politics!

Test david george for banned substances......

They did' date=' 3 times at the Giro.Wink
[/quote']

o ok, maar net nou die dag is daar gese SA het nie die fondse om enige sulke toetse te doen..very contradictary....

Weet nie waar hulle dit ges? het nie, maar SA het wel die geld - Hulle toets dan selfs die tandems by party races, haha. LOL

mmm intteresant!

Weet nie waar hulle dit ges? het nie' date=' maar SA het wel die geld - Hulle toets dan selfs die tandems by party races, haha. LOL
[/quote']

Yes, they take the samples, but I wonder what they do with them. Are ther realy tested, or are they just emptied down the drain when nobody is looking?

Weet nie waar hulle dit ges? het nie' date=' maar SA het wel die geld - Hulle toets dan selfs die tandems by party races, haha. LOL
[/quote']

Yes, they take the samples, but I wonder what they do with them. Are ther realy tested, or are they just emptied down the drain when nobody is looking?

using it for initiation at Bloem hostels!

[/quote']

Tequila gold anyone...

Tequila gold anyone...

With the sh!t some of these guys are on, I reckon these samples would mess you up a whole lot more than TequilaWink

I think Rasmussen had a problem with the fact that Hunter was sitting on the back of the break' date=' not doing any work, but anyone with more details on this - please let us know.

[/quote']

If that is the case then  RH was fully entitled to sit on the back. Barloworld had the leader's jersey. RH can just sit in all he wants.

gianni2008-03-11 07:13:25

[/quote']

LMAO. I think the doping labs are actually in Bloem?

heard christoff VH say that RH isn't that fast.....so maybe as chunky said..only after 200km he can and will like to be fast.

He has a team that boxes him in....so natuurlik sal hy altyd die sprints vat....

Of course Robbie isn't that fast.  His team 'boxed him in' all the way through the TdF while the other sprinters like Zabel and Boonen were attempting breakaways and closing down others!  Like F...

Come on, the guy is pure class.  I was watching "Hell on wheels" where one guy mentioned that every rider wants to wina stage in the TdF because it makes you 'immortal' in cycling.  Remember that every world class sprinter aims to peak there and only if you prove yourself there can you truly say you are one of the best.

I am sure that Robbie is not in peak condition at the moment, but remember that he is a sprinter and that he won the KING OF THE MOUNTAINS at the Giro.  Has that escaped everybody?  Now if that's not a slap in the face of every climber out there I don't know what is!  Plus, if you don't get that, you really don't get cycling...

Not that fast?  Ag please...
Willehond2008-03-11 07:25:56

no doubt about it - he is head and shoulders above the rest in the RSA and i reckon in the top 10 sprinters in the world. thats not too shabby.

does anyone know what the fuss was about between them?
Yep

Please tell!   Please.....!

heard christoff VH say that RH isn't that fast.....so maybe as chunky said..only after 200km he can and will like to be fast.

He has a team that boxes him in....so natuurlik sal hy altyd die sprints vat....

Of course Robbie isn't that fast.  His team 'boxed him in' all the way through the TdF while the other sprinters like Zabel and Boonen were attempting breakaways and closing down others!  Like F...

Come on' date=' the guy is pure class.  I was watching "Hell on wheels" where one guy mentioned that every rider wants to wina stage in the TdF because it makes you 'immortal' in cycling.  Remember that every world class sprinter aims to peak there and only if you prove yourself there can you truly say you are one of the best.

I am sure that Robbie is not in peak condition at the moment, but remember that he is a sprinter and that he won the KING OF THE MOUNTAINS at the Giro.  Has that escaped everybody?  Now if that's not a slap in the face of every climber out there I don't know what is!  Plus, if you don't get that, you really don't get cycling...

Not that fast?  Ag please...
[/quote']

Well said WH. Besides at the Tour prior to winning the stage, he was very close . Stage 1 - 4th,Stage 2 - 5th,Stage 4 - 2nd,Stage 6 - 8th,Stage 11 - 1st,Stage 12 - 3rd,Stage 20 - 4th
,2nd Point Jersey!
It was just a matter of time. His best chance however was on the day he won it, and he took it with both hands.