Tokai July Maintenance Day

Guest Omega Man

A big huge giant thanks to the guys that came out to build today.

We've installed a qualifying feature on DH1. A 2 foot drop that you HAVE to hit to enter the track. This is pretty much standard practice on overseas tracks where the first feature on the track sets your expectations for the rest of the track.

Ahhh ^&^*@, you mean now I must go down the jeep tack to get to DH2?!!!

Edited by capediver

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Nothing huge. Just something to stop less experienced riders dragging their brakes down there and destroying all the hard work that's been done to fill that in.

It's actually quite a sweet little feature cos you can just plop it or if you send it you can fly.

post-18968-0-37608800-1405176284_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega Man

A big huge giant thanks to the guys that came out to build today.

We've installed a qualifying feature on DH1. A 2 foot drop that you HAVE to hit to enter the track. This is pretty much standard practice on overseas tracks where the first feature on the track sets your expectations for the rest of the track.

I'm loving the really small warning printed on there lol, by the time you can read that it is way too late.

Is it national kill an XC rider day? :lol:

Guest Omega Man

I'm loving the really small warning printed on there lol, by the time you can read that it is way too late.

Is it national kill an XC rider day? :lol:

Haha. You can easily do it. i bet your lighty did

Guest Omega Man

Great work guys! Some real nice work on DH1 and 2!

That new roller jump to the road on DH2. Theo comes out of the berm. Manuals the first roller and set bounces the jump.

So rad. So moto. Oh. on my bike. Which he's never ridden before.

We rode up with baby Ben on my back on Saturday and encountered the work in progress on Dh 1 and 2. The tree/rock drop dh2 is much better - its now a bit higher but broader as a result so less chance of a pedal or bar strike there. The little jump just before the road at the bottom of dh2 is also fun.

We watched a largish gent on an anthem picking his way down dh2 - his bike had squeaky brakes so he made quite a noise down there and Vasbyt. At least he didn't drag his brakes over the lower jump.

The planked drop in on dh1 as OM says, is great slow or fast and the rest of dh1 is riding well too.

I can see the problem with my suggestion..

BUT anything is better than what these poop factories currently produce.. it's been years but I still shudder. :wacko:

Guest Omega Man

Hey all.

We're having another Build-off this weekend. Saturday morning. 9am. Look for the black Ford Ranger, White Nissan pickup or Blue Ford Ranger parked just inside the gate.

A huge monster thanks to all those who have pitched in so far. We're deff seeing major improvements to the trail. Deon, Vince and I have managed to source building material for the jumps we've got planned for DH3 so we're looking good.

There are loads of unsung hero's who come to these things. On Saturday 5 people showed up out of the blue and pitched in for more than 2 hours. Jessie Pearson was on her FIRST ever mountain bike ride and pitched in.

Unfortunately CBC very kindly sponsor the monthly build days and not these "push" events. so we'll have to ask Mr Mastercard to help us out.

Deon. You are excused. We need your key tho. Hehe.

Edited by Omega Man