Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Did you check the black tape on the silver barrel? I know I ask before...

I have inaccurate speed and power reading because i removed the tape. If you train in a very bright environment the tape is important.

Hope it stays resolved.

Have the tape. Current theory from USA is that my power connection may be a bit iffy so when I lose power for a fraction of a second it pauses etc but then doesn't resume where it left off

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see BKool has updated their app, but still find it very user unfriendly.  30 day free trial for Premium offered.

Race created for tue evening

Enjoy

Pity I'm still way to Sleg and still busy getting used to the saddle again.....maybe in a few weeks time

????

Four or five minutes late, but at least I made it!

Of course the car's immobilizer remote's battery would choose today of all days, when I'm in a rush to get home from spinning in time for the race, to be flat!

Anyway, thanks for posting the race :)

I assume it is the Ermelo TT one? If I can make it home from spinning in time, I'll join.

Sorry, yes it is Ermelo TT. Dont be fooled by the profile - its all about the intensity. 36 - 38km/h should take it. He he..

• 3 weeks later...

My little rant for the day:

I have been disappointed with my powerbeam trainer for a long time now. When the gradient hits 2.5%+ the trainer just seems to drop the Watt numbers to like 20 to 50 even though I keep constant power on the pedals. This also seems to happen when I do workouts and the Watts go to mid 200's. I have changed wheels, cleaned the roller and tires before riding, play  with tire pressure, you name it. Needless to say I was skeptical of all my training data on the trainer for more than a year now.

Sooooo, I borrowed my friend's kickr and the results are 20 worlds apart. I keep my watts on the gradients, I show better watts at similar intensities on the same routes.

This just confirms to me that the info I got from my powerbeam was a complete joke for a looong time now and basically a waste of time.

What a waste of money (I am not saying that everybody has this issue). I am a big fan of their products. Apart from the powerbeam I have a powertap and powercal and I will probably buy another powertap soon. However, their trainers, never again

I just have to add that the guys at bicycle power is a great bunch with excellent service. Obviously not flaming them for anything it's just my opinion on the product

Have you bought the PowerBeam / PowerSync to us ??? we can certainly offer to replace the roller out or inspect the unit further.....

We always ask our clients to contact us if they struggle with any of our products.

Our direct drive trainer, the Hammer, is due to arrive late January and if after we have inspected the trainer and tried our best to correct will be open to suggestions on how we can get you onto the new Hammer if you had interest in upgrading.

Please give us a call early next week so we can get you sorted out.

My little rant for the day:

I have been disappointed with my powerbeam trainer for a long time now. When the gradient hits 2.5%+ the trainer just seems to drop the Watt numbers to like 20 to 50 even though I keep constant power on the pedals. This also seems to happen when I do workouts and the Watts go to mid 200's. I have changed wheels, cleaned the roller and tires before riding, play with tire pressure, you name it. Needless to say I was skeptical of all my training data on the trainer for more than a year now.

Sooooo, I borrowed my friend's kickr and the results are 20 worlds apart. I keep my watts on the gradients, I show better watts at similar intensities on the same routes.

This just confirms to me that the info I got from my powerbeam was a complete joke for a looong time now and basically a waste of time.

What a waste of money (I am not saying that everybody has this issue). I am a big fan of their products. Apart from the powerbeam I have a powertap and powercal and I will probably buy another powertap soon. However, their trainers, never again

I just have to add that the guys at bicycle power is a great bunch with excellent service. Obviously not flaming them for anything it's just my opinion on the product

Archived