Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

I will race tomorrow if I am not banned.

Keep "Mini-Me" in the closet away from the bike :whistling:

Will try join tonight LSP...

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone keen for Thursday 7pm or maybe 6:45 pm if you worried about load shedding kicking in at 8pm...

I need the hill interval training at the moment.

Thinking of one of these 2

Zug Riveria - max gradient is 17%

post-182-0-45770800-1438674764_thumb.png

Zug - Alosen hill climb - max gradient is 11%

post-182-0-34343900-1438674781_thumb.png

Anyone keen for Thursday 7pm or maybe 6:45 pm if you worried about load shedding kicking in at 8pm...

I need the hill interval training at the moment.

Thinking of one of these 2

Zug Riveria - max gradient is 17%

attachicon.gif2015-08-04_0950.png

Zug - Alosen hill climb - max gradient is 11%

attachicon.gif2015-08-04_0951.png

SwissVan, you're the king of the mountains and I know you have the same Powerbeam as I do. How do you set your tyre up so it does not slip?

I'm really struggling to power up hills with a gradient of more than 5 deg...I must be doing something wrong! Makes hill training impossible...

SwissVan, you're the king of the mountains and I know you have the same Powerbeam as I do. How do you set your tyre up so it does not slip?

I'm really struggling to power up hills with a gradient of more than 5 deg...I must be doing something wrong! Makes hill training impossible...

LOL I wish I was king of the mountains

I've only had my tyre slip a little once before, and it was hardly noticeable. Cannot remember which route but it was steep, probably the zug riveria route on the last climb which gets to 17%.

All I do is pump my rear tyre to 120 psi for my road bike or 150psi for my tri bike (tubbie ...ja ja I know expensive IDT tyre  :blush: ) and tighten the roller adjustment knob (big yellow one) 2 positive clicks.

It might be the gearing you use, I try to keep my cadence in the 85 - 110 range and not grind in a big gear. I think if you pushing a big gear (low cadence) the wheel might slip easier.

He who spins...wins... :w00t:

LOL I wish I was king of the mountains

I've only had my tyre slip a little once before, and it was hardly noticeable. Cannot remember which route but it was steep, probably the zug riveria route on the last climb which gets to 17%.

All I do is pump my rear tyre to 120 psi for my road bike or 150psi for my tri bike (tubbie ...ja ja I know expensive IDT tyre  :blush: ) and tighten the roller adjustment knob (big yellow one) 2 positive clicks.

It might be the gearing you use, I try to keep my cadence in the 85 - 110 range and not grind in a big gear. I think if you pushing a big gear (low cadence) the wheel might slip easier.

He who spins...wins... :w00t:

Thanks for the reply. Yip this is basically what I'm doing. Still slips as soon as the motor starts to add resistance and I push above 200 watts. Not cool...

Thanks for the reply. Yip this is basically what I'm doing. Still slips as soon as the motor starts to add resistance and I push above 200 watts. Not cool...

What kind of surface is your trainer standing on? Mine is on 2 mats, a thick foam exercise mat ( +/- 2 cm) with a thin vinyl exercise mat (+/-2mm) on top of the foam one. Maybe mine has a bit more give.... dunno just trying to figure out what the difference could be with our 2 setups.

I live in an apartment and use the thick mat for extra sound dampening.... we have hard parquet floors and it helps reduce the noise...just a little bit

I use 1 yoga mat, relatively thin on floor tiles.

Just called the agent. they suggest I clean the roller surface with thinners and clean green as a first attempt before send the unit in. Will try tonight and offer some feedback.

I have noticed that my FTP has dropped off the last 2 weeks. Been blaming it on the lack of training. I wonder if I'm loosing power due to slippage?

I use 1 yoga mat, relatively thin on floor tiles.

Just called the agent. they suggest I clean the roller surface with thinners and clean green as a first attempt before send the unit in. Will try tonight and offer some feedback.

I have noticed that my FTP has dropped off the last 2 weeks. Been blaming it on the lack of training. I wonder if I'm loosing power due to slippage?

I think it would have to be a constant slippage (unlikely) to effect your FTP enough that you notice a drop off, I wonder what incline they (the agents) know it will start slipping at...they should have a +/- idea...but definitely yours sounds way to low

Maybe try a slightly lower tyre pressure like 90 psi instead of 120 psi?

Also the course might make a difference, some courses the gradient changes happen to quick and I think the powerbeam cannot keep up, that's why actual ridden courses work better and if they are smoothed out (not sure how you do that when creating a course) during the course creation process

I think it would have to be a constant slippage (unlikely) to effect your FTP enough that you notice a drop off, I wonder what incline they (the agents) know it will start slipping at...they should have a +/- idea...but definitely yours sounds way to low

Maybe try a slightly lower tyre pressure like 90 psi instead of 120 psi?

Also the course might make a difference, some courses the gradient changes happen to quick and I think the powerbeam cannot keep up, that's why actual ridden courses work better and if they are smoothed out (not sure how you do that when creating a course) during the course creation process

Going to clean and then try dropping the tyre pressure by .5bar at a time to see if it makes a difference.

Hope i still have time to do the race tonight...

Appreciate the help.

havent been riding obviously get this email today, clearly initially i took the year option

The price of your 1-month VirtualTraining iPad Subscription subscription has increased from R69.99 to R84.99, and will no longer automatically renew. If you would like to resubscribe at the new price, sign in to the link below with your Apple ID and review your subscription options.

cant afford to ride anymore :ph34r:  :whistling:  :whistling: 

Ag shame man....

Now - does nobody want to ride later in the evening? say 20h30? or even 21h00?

Ag shame man....

Now - does nobody want to ride later in the evening? say 20h30? or even 21h00?

i would :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

havent been riding obviously get this email today, clearly initially i took the year option

The price of your 1-month VirtualTraining iPad Subscription subscription has increased from R69.99 to R84.99, and will no longer automatically renew. If you would like to resubscribe at the new price, sign in to the link below with your Apple ID and review your subscription options.

Just get your arse into gear and stop making excuses

Oh I might also not be able to afford it when renewal time comes due...better check :wacko: LOL

Have to laugh at myself... what else can we do, maybe the wiff will accept something extra in exchange for payment :blush:

Going to clean and then try dropping the tyre pressure by .5bar at a time to see if it makes a difference.

Hope i still have time to do the race tonight...

Appreciate the help.

Properly clean your tire as well, especially after riding outdoors.  I use a damp cloth to get rid of the dust

Archived