Upgrades to PWC Bike Park

morecycling

I second Daniels question and  also...

How high is the highest one there?

2268mm to the highest plank

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be ready to ride in the next few days. Last touch ups and some signage to be installed.

I will get our trail build team to confirm heights for you.

I took my new bike for a shakedown at the park yesterday. I'm really impressed at the work that's been going on there lately.

The new Green mile trail is now 1,9km long and has some great "flow" to it now. It's going to be even better once the board jumps are open and are part of the trail.

I was thinking about the fees though. For riders to feel like they're getting value for money, would it not make sense to charge according to how long you're actually in the park?

For example:

0-1 hour = R20

1-2 hours = R40

2+ hours = R50

Yesterday I arrived at 16h15 and I paid R50 to ride for 50min as that's all the time I had.

I took my new bike for a shakedown at the park yesterday. I'm really impressed at the work that's been going on there lately.

The new Green mile trail is now 1,9km long and has some great "flow" to it now. It's going to be even better once the board jumps are open and are part of the trail.

I was thinking about the fees though. For riders to feel like they're getting value for money, would it not make sense to charge according to how long you're actually in the park?

For example:

0-1 hour = R20

1-2 hours = R40

2+ hours = R50

Yesterday I arrived at 16h15 and I paid R50 to ride for 50min as that's all the time I had.

That's been a gripe of mine for a while now. 

I've never spent more than 2 hours there and for me and my wife to go there would be R 120!

The price is just completely out of whack with what other venues are asking (and what they offer). 

For me, PWC is ideal to do a bit of skills training and that's about it. It's definitely not suited for fitness training. I never really feel like I get my money's worth. 

I will also go more if I can pay less. R60 for 2 hours is a bit too much for me.

Edit: I would love to go after work 4pm and ride till they close.

That's been a gripe of mine for a while now. 

I've never spent more than 2 hours there and for me and my wife to go there would be R 120!

The price is just completely out of whack with what other venues are asking (and what they offer). 

For me, PWC is ideal to do a bit of skills training and that's about it. It's definitely not suited for fitness training. I never really feel like I get my money's worth. 

I agree R60 is hectic, I usually buy a 10 visit card which used to work out to R30 a visit, it's now gone up to R400 for 10 visits, which I can deal with but if it goes up any more I will stop frequenting the park. 

EDIT: RE fitness training, you wont be doing base mileage there but for HIIT the new green mile is hard to beat.

The R50 they used to charge was already high, but now it is totally crazy. I would like to spend more time there, but I just can't justify the money.

Oh Well, at least we have the Spruit... :whistling:

I also live so close to the Park, so I could stop by there every afternoon, if I wanted to, but R 60 a pop is too much. 

The R50 they used to charge was already high, but now it is totally crazy. I would like to spend more time there, but I just can't justify the money.

Oh Well, at least we have the Spruit... :whistling:

Se maar niks, dan is daar niks.

With regards to fitness training, I think it's great for some intensity training. If you don't feel like you're working hard enough, try riding the BMX track for 30min. I promise you'll be breathing hard!

I also live so close to the Park, so I could stop by there every afternoon, if I wanted to, but R 60 a pop is too much. 

Take the time to look at the card system, could end up paying as little as R30 depending on how regular one goes. 

Considering the time and effort that goes into building something like the bike park, especially getting someone like Hylton Turvey in to revamp the trails, R60 rand is more than fair. 

And with the card system it works out cheaper. 

Don't forget, this is right in the city limits, other venues are generally at least another 30 rand or more in petrol. Not to mention time travelled to get there.

Take the time to look at the card system, could end up paying as little as R30 depending on how regular one goes. 

Considering the time and effort that goes into building something like the bike park, especially getting someone like Hylton Turvey in to revamp the trails, R60 rand is more than fair. 

And with the card system it works out cheaper. 

Don't forget, this is right in the city limits, other venues are generally at least another 30 rand or more in petrol. Not to mention time travelled to get there.

True. Just don't go there often enough to get value out of the card.

I'll just bite the bullet every now and then. Won't bankrupt me. 

True. Just don't go there often enough to get value out of the card.

I'll just bite the bullet every now and then. Won't bankrupt me. 

If you and the wife go 3 times, you've basically paid the same as a 10 entry card...

I enjoy riding to the place doing a few variations whilst there and then riding home (Randpark Ridge) so it's a nice mix.

Doing a Tread skills course there tomorrow so at least I won't have to pay for entry to the bike park!?

Also don't do enough visits to justify a card......

And if you buy 10, you may as well buy 20. R600 sounds like a lot until you realise that you can probably only just buy a dinner for the family twice at spur for that. You've all given me some ideas. Now I'll have to go there at least once a week on my commute home!

Archived