• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Still haven't watched Avatar, but have seen it very discounted...worth adding to the collection?

Yes

Si

Yebo

In my opinion, that movie would have been mediocre at best if it had been half the length, I suffered through it, just grateful I didn't die of boredom...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, that movie would have been mediocre at best if it had been half the length, I suffered through it, just grateful I didn't die of boredom...

So one to watch if I need to sleep?

So one to watch if I need to sleep?

Something like that ;)

There seem to be two very distinct groups, those who love it and those who hate it (I guess if I had to compare it, I'd say it is like the Specialized debate - not that I am opening that can of worms here ;) )

Maybe I am just not 'deep' enough to appreciate it :P

The Dark Knight is still one of my top 5 movies. But i have to admit that the only movie I have seen twice at the movies since Titanic is Inside Out. And I don't have kids... All credibility gone. But Gees that little 'cartoon' is a masterpiece.

I feel like I'm one of the few who weren't wildly impressed by this movie. Went to watch it with my 4 year old daughter and the story went completely over her head (maybe I should have done my homework beforehand but I thought - Pixar - you can't go wrong), for me it was ok - but a bit blah tbh..

I feel like I'm one of the few who weren't wildly impressed by this movie. Went to watch it with my 4 year old daughter and the story went completely over her head (maybe I should have done my homework beforehand but I thought - Pixar - you can't go wrong), for me it was ok - but a bit blah tbh..

I didnt even know what he was talking about

Pixar reached their creative genius with monster inc and everything since has been mediocre to say the least. one or two ice ages were bearable but they sucked that puppy for all it was worth..nemo, monsters inc and maybe ice age 1...ok we can throw toy story 1 in there too...the rest bleh

It is actually quite strange you say that cause I immediately went to get 'Up' cos I enjoyed the other one so much, and they have the same director. I really didn't 'get it' at all even though it was universally praised through out the Web. So it's understandable...

Edited by Thor Buttox

I really didn't 'get it' at all even though it was universally praised through out the Web. So it's understandable...

One movie I watched (and didn't "get it") because of the good feedback it was getting on the interweb was 

Cloud Atlas

What a load of unbearable hogwash, one of those movies that just tries TOO hard to be extremely clever and turns out to be a convoluted mess

One movie I watched (and didn't "get it") because of the good feedback it was getting on the interweb was  Cloud Atlas What a load of unbearable hogwash, one of those movies that just tries TOO hard to be extremely clever and turns out to be a convoluted mess

I avoided it, just on a few story descriptions! Tom Hanks is someone I 'don' t get', although you can admire his craft. Except for Green Mile. Forrest Gump was massively overrated to me.

Inside Out....

Truly one of the best movies animated or not I have ever seen. It really is such a thought provoking move. How do you feel if you haven't got Joy or Sadness. And every scenario you encounter is dealt with by a combination of Disgust, Anger and Fear.

And then the point that sadness is just as important if not more so than joy. Its an incredible movie. The scene when they enter abstract thought was hilarious. Just classic PIXAR inventive, imaginative and beautiful story at its core.

Loved it.

Depends on the size of your screen and your sound

Hehehe

Inside Out....  Truly one of the best movies animated or not I have ever seen. It really is such a thought provoking move. How do you feel if you haven't got Joy or Sadness. And every scenario you encounter is dealt with by a combination of Disgust, Anger and Fear. And then the point that sadness is just as important if not more so than joy. Its an incredible movie. The scene when they enter abstract thought was hilarious. Just classic PIXAR inventive, imaginative and beautiful story at its core. Loved it.

One of the best scenes of any movie, period. When you have cubist art like Degas on screen, the characters are in 'abstract thought' and they come up with 'Oh, no we're deconstructing' and making offhand dimensional related comments, you know they are not making a kiddies animation :)

Inside Out....

Truly one of the best movies animated or not I have ever seen. It really is such a thought provoking move. How do you feel if you haven't got Joy or Sadness. And every scenario you encounter is dealt with by a combination of Disgust, Anger and Fear.

And then the point that sadness is just as important if not more so than joy. Its an incredible movie. The scene when they enter abstract thought was hilarious. Just classic PIXAR inventive, imaginative and beautiful story at its core.

Loved it.

I'd watch it just because of the way you described it. Gotta look for it.