• Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Asterix, Tintin and those A5 army comics were my poison growing up

add reader's digest to that mix, and you have me. 

Only got to get the Marvel stuff on rare occasions. Hence the pull of it...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

add reader's digest to that mix, and you have me. 

Only got to get the Marvel stuff on rare occasions. Hence the pull of it...

lol - my old man subscribed....nerd me cataloged the entire collection growing up

I dunno, eh. Been reading up on it and apparently the back-story has been building up to SW over several titles for a number of years. So if anything I need to start from the very beginning, but that's more than 80 years of history... 

I almost need one of those MARVEL coffee table books as a sort of high-level summary of the history of the Multiverse and each character's involvement. THEN start SW. 

Whew. 

Very daunting to get into the continuities. The new Marvel universe will effectively be an amalgamation of the 616-universe (main Marvel universe) and the Ultimate's universe. 

Very daunting to get into the continuities. The new Marvel universe will effectively be an amalgamation of the 616-universe (main Marvel universe) and the Ultimate's universe. 

Bloody hell. So that's the "death of the marvel universe" then?

Bloody hell. So that's the "death of the marvel universe" then?

Seems so. Obviously, certain events will remain canon. Wonder if we'll see Peter Parker and Miles Morales in the same universe? 

Anyhow, we digressed from the thread. 

I'll admit that I'm an old comic book geek. I still have hundreds of cards and some semi precious issues sleeved, filed and hidden from my kids. Toys too. Some still in its original packaging and others not. Also hidden from my kids. In high school my interest in Marvel and DC took a back seat in favour of the blood and sex drenched 'image' and 'top cow' comics. Yay adolescence. Illustrations were far richer and more detailed. Characters blurred the lines between Hero and Villain and the stories were though provoking and kept you wanting more pages. 

While I'm a huge fan of how the MCU has re-imagined the classic heroes and villains i grew up with in a more contemporary style. (For the most part, some of the earlier stuff was dreadful. ie. the first Hulk, Daredevil, etc) I don't eagily await every installment. I'll watch them, all of them, some even more than once. But I just don't wait for them.

I'm hoping Steve Rogers dies to pave the way for Bucky as the new Captain America. But I don't see it happening. Because in all these movies the heroes always win in the end.

Anybody got any thoughts on the Batman Vs Superman upcoming movie?

Trailer looks nice and Gritty. Looking fwd to it either way.

Me too. It was done to death in the comics. 

http://cdn1.sciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/batman-versus-superman-comic.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11119/111194670/4144805-4103234-6968018630-comic.jpg

http://api.ning.com/files/ZtT72Lr8bEP3Hi4ERIXJSzH2HvAd8AloUGBiJyajiFAS2X7sR2MTCXzvvkTYpyo4h1unOh*QRFJnD1GDHZi*SoWu5UgqKDSy/Batman_vs__Superman2.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/132327/3381802-bmsm_cv7.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80033/4222533-1458861359-Od9Rw.jpg

Can't say I've ever been much into comics, but I made a point to try watch every Marvel and DC movie that came out. Also interested in the Video/PC games - like Captain America and the Avengers back in the day on Sega Mega Drive, Spiderman and the X-Men in Arcades Revenge, X-Men, X-Men 2: Clone Wars... and still my favorite, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on PC. Of course there are quite a few games I missed over the years, but hoping to find them on an Emulator/Rom site.