• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

As for star wars.. I opted not to watch the new one.. never been a huge star wars fan.. so hubby and the boys watched it... of course my youngest is star wars crazy.. and I curse the fact that he has recorded all of them and every weekend he watches at least 3...

Judging by how the fiancee responds when I watch a recording of Star Wars, I can sort of guess how you feel. She's more into Star Trek.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think he is a little bit overrated and very often rides on the coat tails of very good directors or other very good actors...outside of gilbert grape - everything has been meh...but not terrible...but not great either..don't get me wrong..he is still a good actor...just not had that wow performance yet

everyone goes on about him not winning an oscar...but point me to a movie where he really deserved one...i honestly don't think he has ever been snubbed...list below

2015 The Revenant

2013 The Wolf of Wall Street

2013 The Great Gatsby

2012 Django Unchained

2011 J. Edgar

2010 Inception

2010 Shutter Island

2008 Revolutionary Road

2008 Body of Lies

2006 Blood Diamond

2006 The Departed

2004 The Aviator

2002 Catch Me If You Can

2002 Gangs of New York

2001 Don's Plum

2000/I The Beach

1998 Celebrity

1998/I The Man in the Iron Mask

1997 Titanic

1996 Marvin's Room

1996 Romeo + Juliet

1995 Total Eclipse

1995 The Basketball Diaries

1995 The Quick and the Dead

1993 What's Eating Gilbert Grape

1993 This Boy's Life

but then the oscars are a bit of a farce anyway...and he will win this year without a doubt

There are some brilliant movies listed there. .shees.. how he has never won an oscar is beyond me...

There are some brilliant movies listed there. .shees.. how he has never won an oscar is beyond me...

fudge! i wrote a whole long response and then managed to close my browser and lost everything

Yes..there are some good movies...but good because of great directors and/or great co-actors...or just good stories...like Shutter island....a good story - good directing and average acting. Or inception? who has watched it again?

the departed is a classic example of him being in the midst of greatness.its scorsese and Matt damon and marky mark and the funky bunch were superb. Then there is Jack Nicolson of course. Dicaprio was not even nominated for his role in that...but that year he was nominated for lead actor...in......the absolutely *** blood diamond

ill say i again..he is a good actor that has not had his wow moment yet

Watched Inception several times

Brilliant

Leonardo is okay hey

The Oscar scene is questionable

Lots of behind the scenes politics and nonsense

As for star wars.. I opted not to watch the new one.. never been a huge star wars fan.. so hubby and the boys watched it... of course my youngest is star wars crazy.. and I curse the fact that he has recorded all of them and every weekend he watches at least 3...

Thare are worse things for kids to "be into" than Star Wars...

No look i agree... but it's at a point where he knows the dialogue to all the movies (except the new one)..

This is Lion king/brother bear and ice age all over again [emoji23] [emoji23]. They watched them so many times we all knew the dialogue to those.

Edited by Gen

Watched Inception several times

Brilliant

Leonardo is okay hey

The Oscar scene is questionable

Lots of behind the scenes politics and nonsense

absolutely - it is laughable

we are halfway through with my daughter...I told her we didnt have to watch episode 1 because it is not necessary in the greater scheme of things (unless you believe anacin was miraculously conceived)...but my daughter insisted she had to watch them all.....eventually after about 3/4 we started fast forwarding cos it really is ***

.eventually after about 3/4 we started fast forwarding cos it really is ***

Just like every other Star Wars movie ;) (I await my verbal flogging for this :P)

I'm inclined to agree with Stretch. 

DiCaprio is brilliant, but I've never been enthralled while watching him. 

Probably the best performance I've seen from a lead male in the past few years was Redmayne in "The Theory of Everything". 

The Bioscope is a lekker little theatre. Was cool when Sinamatella put on some MTB movie nights there!

They seem to have lost the plot a bit. Loved the original noodle box sessions. And when they showed dodgy movies and you'd get a free tequila is you survived.. My name is on the wall ;)

This outdoor on bean bags should be cool though

I'm inclined to agree with Stretch. 

DiCaprio is brilliant, but I've never been enthralled while watching him. 

Probably the best performance I've seen from a lead male in the past few years was Redmayne in "The Theory of Everything". 

ha ha ..at least someone agrees with me

on any given day he could have got an oscar for gilbert grape...and in fact that year Tommy Lee Jones got it for best supporting actor ahead of dicaprio even though diCaprio was better than Tommy Lee jones...but...Peter Postlethwaite should have got it above both of them for his performance in "In the Name of the Father"...so its all moot