Lies, white lies and tall tales to slip out of the office

Mr Legs

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky I have a boss that says as long as you're doing the job I don't care what you do ...... and that in a corporate :)

I want a boss like your boss :w00t:

Going to see dr scott sounds better than saying you need to tend to your silverback. Nobody would believe me that I have a gorilla to play with...

Eish I work in the day and use the evening working hours for my training ... Wheels rolling but not going anywhere :whistling:

My advice to those of you who find it difficult to get away from the office / factory / work is to follow my example:

I married the boss and now I can do what I want, well almost :)

Not really the boss but once had a call from a very important client while riding on the trail overlooking the sea at Harkerville. Had to mumble and try make excuses about the background noise. Eventually told him but he was a little short about it - envious I reckon.

The best story ever (although it was the truth) was "I cant come to work, my daughter has lice and I need to wash and comb hair, and wash bedlinen" I got two days off. No questions asked :thumbup:

work for myself, so I occasionally take the bike with when seeing clients that I need to travel to, and pop an afternoon ride on the way back when I can.

The flipside is when taking a day off it is a day that you can't invoice a client, so you tend to take off wisely.

Sometimes I arrive at work a tad later than what I should after going for an extended commute to work. Not too long ago I arrived at work and a Army Colonel was having a smoke outside when I got off my bike. He looked at me at pointed to his watch (I am not in the defence force but we do work for them).

I just replied: "If I may be cheeky sir, I don't smoke so I spend my smoking time on the bike".

No further comments were made.

The best story ever (although it was the truth) was "I cant come to work, my daughter has lice and I need to wash and comb hair, and wash bedlinen" I got two days off. No questions asked :thumbup:

Well, there you go, as I said, when it comes down to the wire, honesty is always the best policy, keeps the relationship and lines of communication clean and open.

I would have given you a whole week.