Alternatives to SwissStop Yellow brake pads

pe3nguin

Howdy all,

Hoping for some sage wisdom. LBS is all out of SwissStop Yellow's and as I would like to use the same pads for the alu as well as carbon rims I was wondering if you could provide some insight into any available alternatives.

The gentleman at my LBS advocated the use of Zipp Tangente's but to my knowledge these are not ideal for dual surfacing. In fact, as I type this out, a quick check on the Zipp site reveals that the following caution "The Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Brake Pad is designed for use on carbon rims and has not been approved for use on aluminum braking surfaces".

Is the LBS trying to pull the wool over my eyes or will these pads suffice and this is just to cover Zipp's arse if people destroy their rims?

xoxo (no homo)

Is the LBS trying to pull the wool over my eyes or will these pads suffice and this is just to cover Zipp's arse if people destroy their rims?

Do Zipp "allow" you to use the same pads for alloy and carbon rims?

Was under the impression that its not recommended due to the metal contiminated pads damaging the carbon rim braking surface, unless you meticously remove the metal bits every time?

I could post you some yellow swisstops, no shortage around here....

Edited by SwissVan

Black Kings, improved version of Yellows

I roll with them and I'm a happy homo :eek: :whistling: Xxxx

:D :)

Edited by Wannabe

Sorry

Coffee too strong

Blackprince not the other one

You still a happy homo, rolling with the Black Prince?

;)

Lol. Dude. Evidently faaaaar too much coffee for you...

You still a happy homo, rolling with the Black Prince?

;)

Lol. Dude. Evidently faaaaar too much coffee for you...

Sharp sharp :-D

Homo Sapien indeed

And no don't own no black Pinarello

:-P

This suggests that you still check your pads even if using dual carbon/alu pads ...

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/swissstop-flashpro-yellow-king-brake-pad-set

"The Yellow King is specifically made for use with carbon fiber rims. They provide unparalleled stopping power in both wet and dry conditions. They give you high durability, quiet braking, and perhaps best of all, excellent stopping power with aluminum rims as well. SwissStop makes it clear that there's no need to swap out pads from carbon-specific to non if you switch wheels from your carbon race-day gems to your aluminum training set. However, we'd recommend always checking your pads and removing aluminum debris before installing your carbon race-day wheels. Any metal flakes embedded in the pads could be disastrous for your composite rims!"